- Parks and Facilities
|Other Link||Parks Home Page|
- ADA Accessible
- Athletic Field
- Basketball & Sport Court
- Disabled Parking
- Hiking Trails
- Jogging Path
- Open Field
- Picnic Tables
- Walking Paths
This five-acre park is located at the corner of Logan Road and Locust way, north of the City of Brier in Alderwood. It includes a ballfield, basketball court, and a unique, landscaped playground that was completed in 2018. A paved walking/jogging path surrounds the park as well as some wooded trails. There is an accessible portable restroom in the parking lot near the playground.
The park was originally a sand and gravel pit and was developed during the 1970s with a parking lot, baseball field, and play structures. The site was renovated in the mid-1990s with support from the immediate neighborhood, and the playground was renovated in 2018. In the Fall of 2019, work began on replacing the parking lot surface with pervious concrete as part of a Low Impact Development (LID) retrofit of the park. Pervious concrete allows stormwater to infiltrate into the native soil. Benefits include:
- Eliminating untreated stormwater and creating zero runoff
- Protection of streams, watersheds, and ecosystems
- Mimicking the drainage and filtration of bioswales and natural soils
- Reducing surface temperatures and heat island effects
Road Work Scheduled for June 20-August 28, 2023
Public Works has a roundabout project going to construction at the intersection of Locust and Logan, right next to Logan Park. The scope of work includes some road widening and drainage structures that will be affecting Logan Park.
Important Construction Information:
- The intersection of Locust and Logan will be closed to through-traffic from June 20, 2023 to August 28, 2023 (dates are subject to change without notice).
- The park will remain open - The road will be closed just beyond the park entrance to allow continued access to the park.
- Ballfield and walking path will be closed - The contractor will close and fence the ballfield, walking path, and portions of the park but leave the playground and some of the parking lot available for continued use.
- Part of the parking lot will be closed and used by the contractor.
- Due to limited access, some parts of the park may not be mowed as frequently during construction.