Two Open Positions on the Evergreen State Fair Advisory Board
Representatives needed for Council Districts 2 and 3
Monroe, Wash., November 3, 2022 - Applications and nominations are needed for immediate openings to the Evergreen State Fair Advisory Board from Council District 2 (Everett/Mukilteo/Tulalip) and Council District 3 (Lynnwood/Edmonds). Applications can be found at: https://www.evergreenfair.org/131/Fair-Advisory-Board.
The Evergreen State Fair Advisory Board aids in managing and preserving the largest publicly owned fair in the Pacific Northwest, including advising on:
- Maintaining the county’s ties to its agricultural roots
- Expanding programs for youth and teens
- Supporting local food systems
- Broadening public safety efforts
- Enhancing child-safety programs
- Evaluating budgets
- Reviewing and recommending entertainment
- Initiating innovative programs and projects
“Every August, Snohomish County throws an 11-day celebration of community for more than 350,000 friends and neighbors,” said Kara Underwood, Division Manager, Snohomish County Parks. “Advisory board members are critical to the success of the 113-year-old fair and the role it plays in connecting communities together.”
Board members meet monthly and more frequently during the Fair. For more information about joining the advisory board, contact: Kara Underwood at 425-388-6640 or Kara.Underwood@snoco.org.