April Fugate Linda Vizmanos
Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program
Providing eligible seniors with fresh fruits and vegetables from local farmers markets
The Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program increases our community’s intake of fruits and vegetables; expands the use of local farmers markets, farm stores, and community supported agriculture programs; and increases sales of Washington grown fruits, vegetables, and herbs.
Eligible low-income seniors receive $40 worth of checks to purchase fresh fruits and vegetables at authorized farmers markets or farm stands.
Who Is Eligible?
• Age 60+ for non-Native Americans
• Age 55+ for Native Americans
• Low income
o Up to $1,967/ month for 1 person
o Up to $2,658/month for 2 people
o For larger households, add $691 per person
Funds are limited so a random selection process is used to select recipients.
How Do I Apply?
• Applications can be found here: https://www.snohomishcountywa.gov/1002 /Nutrition-Programs
• To request an application in the mail call (425) 388-7393
• For assistance filling out the application call Homage Aging & Disability Resource Network (425) 513-1900
Your completed application MUST be postmarked by May 26 to be eligible. Mailing instructions will be on the application form.