Contact: Kent Patton
Snohomish County Future Workforce Alliance, Workforce Snohomish Seek Public Comments on Local Area Plan
EVERETT, Wash., March 1, 2020 – The Snohomish County Future Workforce Alliance (the Alliance) announced a process for public engagement in the 2020-2024 Local Area Plan. Required by the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, the Local Area Plan (attached) will serve as a guiding vision for Snohomish County’s workforce development system. The plan outlines the goals, objectives, and strategies to increase skill levels, employment, earnings, customer satisfaction, and return on workforce development investments as we work collaboratively to underpin the county’s economic foundation.
The Alliance and Workforce Snohomish seek public comment on the draft Local Area Plan to ensure the priorities and concerns of all Snohomish County residents are considered. The timeline for the 2020-2024 Local Area Plan is as follows:
- March 1, 2020 – March 31, 2020: Public comment period on local plans
- April 10, 2020: Draft local plan due to Workforce Board and Employment Security Department
- April 17, 2020: State comments on draft local plans transmitted to Local Workforce Development Boards following review
- May 15, 2020: Final, signed local plans due to the Workforce Board and Employment Security Department
- May 27-28, 2020: Workforce Board takes action on local plans on behalf of the Governor
- June 2020: Local plans approved by the Governor
- June 30, 2020: Local Chief Elected Officials and Local Workforce Development Boards notified by Workforce Board of Governor approval of their local plans (official correspondence to follow)
To comment on the draft Snohomish County 2020-2024 Local Area Plan, please email FWA@snoco.org.