2019 Evergreen State Fair Round-Up
Record breaking attendance and so much more!
MONROE, Wash., October 29, 2019 – Though cool fall weather crisps the air and the smell of pumpkin pie begins to waft from home fires, here at the Evergreen State Fair Park (formally Fairgrounds), we’re keeping warm with beautiful summer memories of a truly great 2019 Evergreen State Fair.
The Evergreen State Fair is undoubtedly a regional summer favorite, and 2019 proved to be one of the biggest years yet. The fair brought in record breaking attendance of 355,597 attendees which was up 3.3% from last year. Families, friends, couples, seniors, kids, entertainers, farmers, lumberjacks, vendors, and animals (oh my!) came in droves to experience the magic of the fair. Below are a few numerical highlights from 2019:
- Two sold out shows! Brett Young (country concert), and for the second year in a row, Demo Derby (race event)
- 8,486 fair goers donated 33,866 lbs. of non-perishable food items for the Opening Day Food Drive – up a few thousand from last year!
- Over 4,500 people attended the rodeo with over 200 participants. Yee-haw!
- You loved the thrills this summer! Carnival gross sales up 7.4%.
- You helped future farmers! Youth Live Stock Auction sales up by 34%.
- 2,597 total livestock exhibits. That’s a lot of furry friends.
- 23,140 total competitive exhibits. Rosette ribbons galore!
- 199 vendors and sponsors. Elephant ears to artisan goods.
- One dedication of the first building listed on the Snohomish County Register of Historic Places,
- The Shannahan Cabin, residing here at the Fair Park!
From the sweet sounds of Aloe Blacc to Caspar Babypants, from sparks flying at the PUD Arc Trailer to flying sparks on the dance floor with Arthur Murray Studio Dance lessons, and from the roar of Monster Trucks to the roar of waking pigs hungry for their morning breakfast (it’s loud, trust us) – what a great 2019 Evergreen State Fair!
We can’t wait to see you at the next Evergreen State Fair, August 27-September 7, 2020! More about the Evergreen State Fair at EvergreenFair.org.