Meghan Jordan Fay Lim
Communications Specialist II Communications Supervisor
Upcoming Weekend Closures on 35th Ave SE Beginning August 4
Detour routes will be posted to direct motorists
EVERETT, Wash., July 26, 2018 – Snohomish County Public Works is making improvements on 35th Ave SE between 180th St SE and Seattle Hill Rd. To re-build some sections of the road, three weekend closures are required. Weather permitting, they will occur each weekend beginning August 4 until August 19.
August 4-5, 2018 Closure
- Location: The intersection of 35th Ave SE and 164th St SE will be closed.
- Closure dates: 7 a.m. on Saturday, August 4 until 7 p.m. on Sunday, August 5.
- Detour: A detour route will be available via 156th St SE, Sunset Rd and 169th St SE.
August 11-12 & August 18-19, 2018 Closures
- Location: 35th Ave SE will be closed from north of 168th St SE to south of 169th St SE.
- Closure dates: 7 a.m. on Saturday, August 11 until 7 p.m. on Sunday, August 12 and 7 a.m. on Saturday, August 18 until 7 p.m. on Sunday, August 19.
- Motorists accessing 168th St SE can detour via 171th Pl SE and 31st Dr SE.
- Motorist continuing through the corridor or accessing 169th St SE can detour via 180th St SE, Sunset Rd and 156th St SE.
Snohomish County Public Works is adding bike lanes, center turn lanes, planter strips, sidewalks and stormwater detention and treatment facilities to a stretch of 35th Ave SE. The project will improve traffic flow and help ease congestion during busy morning and afternoon commutes. Construction is expected to take two years and cost
$7.1 million, paid for by grants and the county road fund.
The city of Mill Creek is also reconstructing a section of 35th Ave SE further north from Snohomish County’s projects. The road is currently closed between 139th St SE and 144th St SE. Learn more on the project webpage.
About Snohomish County Public Works
The Snohomish County Public Works Department constructs and maintains county roads; controls and manages surface water quantity, quality, and fish habitats; and oversees the recycling and disposal of solid waste. The department’s main office is located at 3000 Rockefeller Ave., Everett, WA 98201. For more information about Snohomish County Public Works, visit www.snohomishcountywa.gov/PublicWorks.