Party of Record

Every major development project working its way through the county’s permit review process includes a list of people and organizations which have requested to be kept informed on any public hearings held or decisions made regarding that specific project. Getting on the list is called "becoming a party of record."

Becoming a Party of Record

To become a party of record, for a specific development project, you can email the project Manager or mail a request (along with your comments on the project, if you wish) citing the project file number to:

  PDS - Snohomish County Planning and Development Services
  3000 Rockefeller, M/S 604
  Everett, WA 98201

Persons who attend the county hearing examiner’s public hearing and either testify or enter their name and address on the register available at the hearing will also become parties of record. Persons who sign "form letters" and petitions do not become parties of record. Call PDS at 425-388-3311 for information.

Appeal Rights

Being a party of record also entitles you to seek reconsideration or appeal a County Hearing Examiner permit decision to the County Council, should you choose to appeal.

Only parties of record are entitled to appeal, but being a party of record does not automatically make you part of any subsequent appeal. It’s your choice.