The Office of Housing and Community Development (OHCD) and the Office of Community and Homeless Services (OCHS) operate within the Housing and Community Services Division (HCS) of the Snohomish County Human Services Department.
HCS contracts with a wide range of agencies that provide direct services to Snohomish County citizens in need of housing-related services. OCHS and OHCD are primarily responsible for administering, monitoring, and supporting the following federal, state, and local fund sources which total approximately $25 million annually for the following:
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
- Continuum of Care (CoC)
- Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG)
- HOME Investment Partnerships (HOME)
- Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP)
- Consolidated Homeless Grant (CHG)
- Affordable Housing Trust Fund (AHTF)
- Ending Homelessness Program (EHP)
All programs receiving McKinney Vento or State Homeless Assistance funds must participate in the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS).