Juvenile Visitation Sessions
Page Last Updated:
The information below is for visiting with youth held at the Denney Juvenile Justice Center.
Please go to the Inmate Visitation page at the Snohomish County Main Jail for information on visiting an adult in custody.
Family Visitation Scheduling
- Visits are by appointment only at this time. Please call 425-388-7811 and ask for Classification to schedule an appointment. Masks must be worn at all times in visitation.
- There are 2 visiting days available with 5 sessions total: Thursday evening between 6-6:30, 6:45-7:15, and 7:30-8 p.m.; and Saturday afternoon between 12:45-1:15 and 1:30-2 p.m.
- Parents or other adult visitors approved by parents may schedule one (1) – 30 minute visit each week at one of the five sessions. Visits may be up to 45 minutes if population (demand) and visit times allow. Also, if population (demand) dictates, parents may schedule 2 visits per week.
- There will be no more than 1 youth with up to 2 visitors in the visiting room at any given time.
- All normal visiting rules will be in effect.
- Video Zoom visits may be requested - please call 425-388-7811 and ask for Classification.
Family Visitation Rules
- All visitors other than parents and siblings must be at least 18 years old and be approved by the detainees parent or legal guardian. An Application To Visit must be completed and submitted by the parent or legal guardian. All visitation applications are subject to review and possible denial for safety and security reasons as well as court orders prohibiting contact.
- All visitors must present picture ID (driver's license or state / military ID).
- All children 12 and under must be supervised while in the lobby.
- All visitors' personal items must be secured in their vehicle before entering the visitation area or stored in a locker in the detention lobby. This includes purses, pagers, keys, cigarettes, lighters, etc.
- The only items that may be brought in for detainees are medication and schoolwork. These items are to be given to a detention officer via the pass through located by the intake window. At no time are detainees to be given anything by a visitor, including gum, candy, etc.
- Visitors that do not abide by this policy may have their visitation privileges suspended.
- All visitors must act in an appropriate manner or their visitation will be suspended.
- Visitation can be interrupted or denied for a detainee or visitor's poor behavior, either during or prior to a visit.
Check In – COVID Protocols
All visitors will submit to a COVID symptom check, prior to entering the visit room. Do not come to the detention center if any of these apply to you:
- Do you have any of these symptoms not caused by another (non-Covid ) condition? Cough, fever over 100, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, loss of taste, loss of smell, sore throat, congestion, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea.
- Within the last 14 days, have you been in close contact with anyone that you know had Covid 19 or Covid like symptoms? Close contact is being within 6 feet for 15 minutes or more over a 24 hour period with a person; or having direct contact with fluids from a person with Covid 19 or without wearing a mask (i.e. being coughed on)?
- Have you had a positive Covid 19 test the past 10 days, or are you awaiting results of a Covid 19 test?
- Within the last 14 days, has a public health or medical professional told you to self monitor, self isolate, or self quarantine because of concerns about Covid 19 infection?
Supervisors may deny access to anyone who responds yes to any of the above questions.
Professional Visitation Requirements
Professionals may be granted access during regular business hours, Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Professional credentials and picture ID will be required. For access outside of regular business hours, please call the detention supervisors at 425-388-7804.
Professionals Accessing Visitation
As we emerge from COVID please do not just walk into visitation as we want to control capacity. Please call the visitation officer at Ext 2837 to:
- See if there is immediate capacity for a walk in or to schedule a face to face.
- See about a Zoom Visit. Professionals can create a meeting by inviting the following email address Juvenile_Visitation_Room@Snoco.org. If you do this, please follow up with a call to the visitation officer so they know there is something new on the calendar.
- See about a No Contact Visit (Through glass). Priority for these are for attorneys prior to morning hearings.