Snohomish County offers a wide range of benefits to regular employees that are employed for at least 20 hours per week as part of your total compensation package. Choose from various healthcare insurance programs, plan for your future with savings and retirement options, enjoy generous leave policies, and protect yourself and your family with life insurance. Please note - benefits may vary depending on your Collective Bargaining Agreement and/or provisions outlined in Snohomish County Code Chapter 3A.06 or Chapter 3.68.
New employees must enroll within 30 days from your date of hire. You may enroll your spouse or domestic partner, and biological, adopted, and step-children up to the age of 26. You must submit all benefit forms and documentation that demonstrates eligibility (i.e. marriage or birth certificate) to Human Resources.
For new employees/newly eligible employees, the date your coverage starts is determined by your date of hire. If you were hired between the 1st and the 15th of the month, your benefits begin on the first day of the month following your date of hire. If you were hired between the 16th and the 31st of the month, your benefits begin on the first day of the second month following your date of hire. If you are changing your benefits mid-year, review more information on Changing your Current Benefits (PDF).
Benefit Procedures & Resources
- Affordable Care Act (PDF)
- Beneficiary Designations (PDF)
- Changing your Current Benefits (PDF)
- COBRA (PDF)
- Contact Information (PDF)
- Eligibility Rules
- Employee Self Service
- Enrollment Checklist - Regular Employees (PDF)
- Enrollment Checklist - temps/seasonals (PDF)
- Glossary of Health Insurance Terms (PDF)
- Health Plan Notices (PDF)
- Healthcare Premiums (costs)
- Insurance ID Cards
- New Employee Orientation
- Open Enrollment
- Separations Guide - Benefits & Payroll (PDF)
Life and Disability Insurance Benefits
- Basic Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability & Individual Policies
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Supplemental AD&D Insurance
Contact Human Resources
Please contact us at anytime if you would like assistance or would like to schedule a meeting to discuss your benefits. We are open Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.(excluding holidays).
- 3000 Rockefeller Avenue Mailstop 503 | Everett, WA 98201
- Phone: 425-388-3411, ext. 0
- Fax: 425-388-3579
- Email Human Resources