I encourage your comments and suggestions for making this web site a center of information and resources for the residents of the Everett, Mukilteo and Tulalip areas. If you know of a community organization, meeting or event, please let me know and we will try to post notice on this site.
Biography of Brian Sullivan
Brian J. Sullivan was elected to the Snohomish County Council in November 2007, and took office in January 2008. He is currently serving his second term in office and was elected council chair by his fellow council members for the 2012 year. Brian is a Democrat who represents the 2nd Council District, which covers the cities of Everett and Mukilteo, as well as areas of unincorporated Snohomish County. Most recently Brian’s district has expanded to include the Tulalip Indian Reservation. Brian chairs the Finance and Economic Development Committee. His priorities include: preserving affordable housing, alternative energy sources, aerospace, and common sense economic growth policy.
Born in Butte, Montana, but spending the majority of his life in Mukilteo, WA, Council Member Sullivan previously served as a city council member in Mukilteo from 1986 to 1989. He then went on to serve as Mayor of Mukilteo from 1990 to 1997. Before beginning his service at the Snohomish County Council he most recently served in the Washington House of Representatives, as a state representative from 2001 to 2007.
Brian studied political science at Central Washington University and the University of Washington, and he is a graduate of Mariner High School in Everett, WA. He has two children, Riley and Michael, and the three of them currently reside in Everett, WA.
Extended Work History
- Snohomish County Council Member, 2008-present
- Snohomish County Tomorrow Coordinator, 2004-2007
- Executive Analyst for Snohomish County, 2003
- State Representative, 2001-2007
- Policy Analyst, Snohomish County Executive's Office, 1991-1993
- Mayor of Mukilteo, 1990-1997
- Riley's of Mukilteo, Owner and Manager, 1990-2004
- Alfy's Pizza, Corporate Manager, 1989-1991
- Mukilteo City Council Member, 1986-1989
- Mukilteo / South Everett Rotary, Member
- Boys' and Girls' Clubs of America, Board member
- Snohomish County Chapter of the American Red Cross, Board member
- Mukilteo Lions Club
- Mukilteo Boys' and Girls' Club, Parent Board
- Honorary Lifetime Member of the Aerospace Machinists Union, 2005
- Washington Association of Conservation Districts, Professional Service Award, 2004
- Honorary Lifetime Member of the Fire Fighters Union, 1997
- Rotarian Citizen of the Year, 1996-1997