AFFORDABLE HOUSING PRESERVATION FUNDING INVITATION
Snohomish County announces the availability of one-time Affordable Housing Preservation Funds (AHPF). These funds are intended to preserve existing affordable housing stock by addressing the issues related to increased expenses of operations and maintenance resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic and increased substance use in affordable housing. These funds are provided through the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) and the Chemical Dependency Mental Health (CDMH) fund.
Snohomish County will make these one-time awards by invitation to non-profit affordable housing providers that meet the following criteria:
- Operate multifamily affordable housing project(s)
- At least partially funded by Snohomish County
- Serve households at or below 60% AMI
- Operated by an organization with at least fifty (50) units in one or more properties that meet the above criteria.
Snohomish County will determine the number of eligible providers to develop invitations with an award amount for each provider selected. The County will determine awards based on:
- The number of eligible organizations meeting the threshold criteria
- The number of eligible units
- And may use other criteria including, but not limited to, AMI and geographic distribution.
Providers will have the discretion to direct funding among eligible properties in their portfolio.
Affordable Housing Preservation Worksheet (MS Excel)
Organizations interested in being considered for the invitational opportunity must submit the Affordable Housing Preservation Worksheet by 5:00 P.M. on Tuesday, February 13, 2024. Worksheets must be submitted to: OHCD.Funding@snoco.org. Late submissions will not be considered.
If you have any questions or wish to schedule a pre-application technical assistance appointment, please email Jackie M. Anderson@SnoCo.org or call 425-388-3237.
Multi-Family Rental Housing Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) Affordable Housing Applications - HOME Investment Partnerships Program Funds
Application Overview and Appendices
Snohomish County is republishing the available HOME Investment Partnership (HOME) funds for affordable housing.
The Overview provides an overall description of the Multi-Family Rental Housing Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) for HOME includes description of the funding amount available, the applicable policies (see Appendices below), application instructions, and the funding review processes and schedule. Estimated funding available for HOME is $1,181,800.
- Multi-Family Rental Housing NOFO Application Overview (PDF)
- Appendix C - Snohomish County 2020-2024 Consolidated Plan Affordable Housing Goal Summary (PDF)
- Appendix D - Snohomish County HOME Investment Partnership Program Policies (PDF)
- Appendix E - Snohomish County HOME Rehabilitation Standards (PDF)
- Appendix F - Snohomish County HOME Rehabilitation Implementation Procedures and Certification Forms (PDF)
- Appendix G - Housing Threshold and Evaluation Criteria (PDF)
Technical Assistance & Application Workshop
Applicants are encouraged to attend the application workshop. A virtual application workshop for applicants requesting HOME funds is scheduled for:
Thursday, October 26, 2023
Time: 10:00 am to 11:00 am
Where: Join Zoom Meeting
Call in: 1-253-215-8782
Meeting ID: 818 5567 8137
The Multi-Family Rental Housing 2023 NOFO Application has separate sections to better evaluate the proposal and funding request. Applications are due Monday, November 20, 2023, by 4:00 pm.
Snohomish County, along with other jurisdictions, is using the Combined Funders Application, which is a common application for multi-unit rental housing and homeownership development projects. In addition to the appropriate Combined Funders Application (which includes both Word narrative and Excel form sections), the appropriate Snohomish County Addendum(s) must be submitted for each proposed project as
Multi-Family Rental Housing Projects (HOME)
- Multi-family Rental Housing NOFO - Multi-Family Application Checklist and Instructions
- 2023 Multi-Family Combined Funders Application - Sections (Required Word document)
- 2023 Multi-Family Combined Funders Application Forms- Form (Required Excel document)
- 2023 Snohomish County Multi-Family Rental Housing Addendum- (Required)
- Tenant Relocation Plan
- Temporary Relocation Plan (If applicable)
- Environmental Review Supplement
2024 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO)
Snohomish County announces the availability of Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds for affordable housing projects. Funding may be used for projects which principally benefit low- and moderate-income persons and areas. Activities funded must be consistent with the Snohomish County Consortium 2020-2024 Consolidated Plan. Estimated funding available is $930,277.
Technical Assistance & Application Workshop
Applicants are strongly encouraged to attend the application workshop. A virtual application workshop for applicants requesting CDBG housing funds is scheduled for:
Thursday, October 12, 2023
Time: from 9:00 am to 10:30 am
Where: Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 828 4763 3328
CDBG funds are available for the following housing activities:
- Homeowner Minor Home Repair Program
- Multi-family Rental Housing Minor Improvement Projects
- First-time Homebuyer Purchase Assistance Programs
Applicants for CDBG housing funds should review the 2024 CDBG Housing Application Overview for relevant program information before completing the application materials.
First-Time Homebuyer Purchase Assistance Program
Application Deadline & Submission Requirements
Applications must be received by mail at the following location by 4:00 pm on Thursday, November 9, 2023. Only complete applications received by this date and time will be considered for available funds.
Please mail applications to:
Snohomish County Human Services Department
Office of Housing and Community Development (OHCD)
3000 Rockefeller Ave, M/S 305
Everett, WA 98201-4046
If you have any questions or wish to schedule a pre-application technical assistance appointment, please contact the following staff:
CDBG Multi-Family Rental Housing Minor Improvement Projects
First-Time Homebuyer Purchase Assistance Programs
Acquisition & Relocation
The county strives to provide access to all members of the public. Snohomish County facilities are accessible. If additional accommodations are required, please notify the ADA contact person at least one week in advance of the workshop. In addition, reasonable accommodations will be made to provide the information in this application in an alternative format upon request. Please email Debra May at email@example.com or call (425) 388-3264 or for TTY dial 711.
Foreign language interpreters are also available upon request where a substantial number of non-English speaking residents can reasonably be expected to participate. Please contact Debra May at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (425) 388-3264 for more information.