- Your Government
- Health & Public Safety
- Emergency Management
- Training & Exercise
Training & Exercise
The Snohomish County Department of Emergency Management (DEM) coordinates training and exercise opportunities designed to increase disaster resilience and response readiness across the County in preparation for potential emergencies and/or disasters. Training and exercise opportunities bring community partners together from local emergency management, local and state government, public safety/first responders, nonprofit and volunteer organizations, and the private sector. For more information contact Jarrod Dibble, (425) 388-5073.
Training is offered online and in-house from local, state, and Federal partners with the purpose of preparing our residents, responders, and partners with the skill to respond and recover from disasters.
Exercises are conducted to validate plans, policies, and procedures by facilitated seminars, workshops, tabletops, drills, functional, or full-scale exercise following the Homeland Security Exercise & Evaluation Program (HSEEP).
- Washington State Emergency Management Division (EMD) - Training and Exercise opportunities are now available through a new, web-based, online training management system.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency's (FEMA) Emergency Management Institute - Provides training to various public and private sector officials to strengthen emergency management competencies.
- FEMA Independent Study Program - Offers a variety of self-paced courses designed for people with a emergency management responsibilities and the general public.
- FEMA Region X Master Training & Exercise Calendar - Provides regional training opportunities.
- National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration Training - Provide varied training topics on resiliency, training, and river/coastal topics.
- The National Domestic Preparedness Consortium (NDPC) - A DHS/FEMA training partner providing high-quality training to emergency management responders throughout the United States and its territories under DHS/FEMA's Homeland Security National Training Program Cooperative Agreement
- Snohomish County 2021 - 2023 Training & Exercise Plan (TEP) - Outlines the County's plans and methodology for training and exercise.
Wed Jun. 7
Thu Jun. 8 - Fri Jun. 9
Fri Jun. 9