Continuum of Care (CoC)
The Continuum of Care (CoC) Program consists of projects that provide housing and supportive services to homeless individuals and families. The goal of projects funded under the CoC Program is to assist individuals and families with attaining and sustaining permanent housing as quickly as possible. In Snohomish County, CoC Program funds are currently used to primarily support Permanent Supportive Housing and Rapid Rehousing, and more recently, Joint Transitional-Rapid Rehousing, and Supportive Services (Coordinated Entry and Youth Engagement Team). More information about the CoC Program for the Everett/Snohomish County CoC is available on the CoC Program webpage.
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) conducts an annual CoC Program national competition. Additional information on the CoC Program can be found on the HUD website: https://www.hudexchange.info/coc/. Snohomish County’s Office of Community and Homeless Services (OCHS) is the lead agency responsible for completing and submitting an annual application for CoC Program funding on behalf of the Everett/Snohomish County CoC.
CoC Program Competition
The Fiscal Year (FY) 2023 Local Application process will follow a two-phased process for the FY2023 CoC competition.
Phase 1: Applications for:
- Standard Renewal Projects (currently receiving CoC funding)
- Renewal Operating Less than One Year Projects (currently receiving CoC funding and operating less than one year or recently awarded CoC funding for the first time in FY2022 and have not yet begun operating)
Phase 2: Applications for:
- New Projects
- Expansion of Existing CoC funded Projects
- Youth Homelessness Demonstration Program (YHDP) CoC Renewal and Replacement Projects (non-competitive)
The Office of Community and Homeless Services (OCHS) is currently soliciting Phase 2 project applications for New Projects, Expansion Projects, and YHDP Renewal and Replacement Projects for FY2023. Phase 1 for Standard Renewal Projects and Renewal Operating Less than One Year Projects closed at 4 p.m. on June 15, 2023.
To ensure transparency and fairness at the local level, Snohomish County, as the Collaborative Applicant for the Everett/Snohomish County CoC, has made the following FY2023 CoC Program competition documents available for review:
FY2023 CoC Program Funding Notice
The Snohomish County Office of Community and Homeless Services (OCHS) is currently soliciting Local Applications for the FY 2023 Continuum of Care (CoC) Program funding round.
- New Projects, Expansion of Existing CoC projects, and YHDP Renewal and Replacement projects are required to submit a Local Application by the Phase 2 deadline: 4 p.m. on August 11, 2023.
- Standard Renewal projects and Renewal Operating Less than One Year projects were required to submit a Local Application by the Phase 2 deadline: 4 p.m. on Thursday, June 15, 2023. Phase 1 is now closed.
Phase 2 Local Application
Please review the Phase 2 Funding Notice, which includes the local applications for New, Expansion, and YHDP Renewal and Replacement Project types.
- Phase 2 FY2023 CoC Funding Notice - New, Expansion, and YHDP (MS Word)
- Phase 2 FY2023 CoC Rating Criteria
Phase 2 Required Application Documents:
- FY2023 Local Application with Applicable Attachments
- FY2023 New Project Proposed Budget (MS Excel)
- FY2023 YHDP Renewal and Replacement Proposed Budget (MS Excel)
- HUD 2880 Form
- FY2023 Commitment Letter Sample (MS Word)
- DV Bonus Project Application Supplemental (MS Word) (if applicable)
As detailed in the Review, Ranking, and Selection Policies and in the CoC Rating Criteria, application materials will be reviewed, scored, and ranked according to objective scoring criteria, as well as federal and local priorities. This method of project evaluation was reviewed and approved by the CoC Application Oversight Committee, a committee of the Partnership to End Homelessness (PEH) CoC Board.
Phase 2 Application Workshop
An application workshop was held on Monday, July 31, 2023 from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. At a minimum, applicants must attend either the Online Application Workshop or a Technical Assistance Session prior to application submission. Please see the Local Application for more information on this requirement.
The following documents are available:
Phase 2 Application Deadline: 4 p.m. on Friday, August 11, 2023.
All Local applications for New Projects, Expansion Projects, and YHDP Renewal and Replacement Projects must be received by 4 p.m. on August 11, 2023. Electronic applications must be submitted to OCHS Applications. If unable to submit electronically, signed applications must either be delivered in person or mailed. Mailed applications must be posted in time to be received by the deadline.
Currently Closed Funding Notices
FY2022, FY2021, FY2020, and FY2019 applications are no longer being accepted but detailed information about application requirements may be obtained by visiting the Closed Continuum of Care Funding Notice webpage.
FY2023 Phase 1 Local Application Submission
Please review the Funding Notice, which includes the Phase 1 local application for both Standard Renewal Projects and Renewal Operating Less than Projects:
- Phase 1 FY2023 CoC Funding Notice (Standard Renewal and Renewal Less than One Year) - CLOSED
- Phase 1 FY2023 CoC Rating Criteria
FY2023 Phase 1 Application Workshop
An application workshop was held on Thursday, June 1, 2022, from 10 – 11 a.m.
The following documents are available:
FY2023 Phase 1 Application Deadline
Local Applications for Renewal Projects (currently funded CoC programs) must have been received by 4:00 PM on Thursday, June 15, 2023. Electronic applications should have been submitted to OCHS Applications.