Continuum of Care (CoC)
The Continuum of Care (CoC) Program consists of projects that provide housing and supportive services to homeless individuals and families. The goal of projects funded under the CoC Program is to assist individuals and families with attaining and sustaining permanent housing as quickly as possible. In Snohomish County, CoC Program funds are currently used to primarily support Permanent Supportive Housing and Rapid Rehousing, and more recently, Joint Transitional-Rapid Rehousing, and Supportive Services (Coordinated Entry and Youth Engagement Team). More information about the CoC Program for the Everett/Snohomish County CoC is available on the CoC Program webpage.
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) conducts an annual CoC Program national competition. Additional information on the CoC Program can be found on the HUD website: https://www.hudexchange.info/coc/. Snohomish County’s Office of Community and Homeless Services (OCHS) is the lead agency responsible for completing and submitting an annual application for CoC Program funding on behalf of the Everett/Snohomish County CoC.
CoC Program Competition
The Fiscal Year (FY) 2022 Local Application process followed a two-phased process for the FY2022 CoC competition.
Phase 1: Applications for Standard Renewal Projects (currently receiving CoC funding)
Phase 2: Applications for:
- New Projects
- Expansion of Existing CoC funded Projects
- CoC Renewal Projects Operating Less than One Year (funded for the first time in FY2021)
- YHDP (CoC) Renewal and Replacement Projects (non-competitive)
The Office of Community and Homeless Services (OCHS) solicited Phase 1 and Phase 2 project applications for FY2022.
- Phase 1 for Standard Renewal Projects closed at 4 p.m. on June 16, 2022.
- Phase 2 for New Projects, Expansion Projects, Renewal Operating Less than One Year Projects, and YHDP Renewal and Replacement Projects closed at 4 p.m. on August 26, 2022.
To ensure transparency and fairness at the local level, Snohomish County, as the Collaborative Applicant for the Everett/Snohomish County CoC, has made the following FY2022 CoC Program competition available for review:
- FY2022 Grant Inventory Worksheet
- FY2022 Application Schedule
- FY2022 Review, Ranking, and Selection Policies, including:
- Process for Reallocating
- Rating Criteria
CoC Approved Consolidated Application (Approved by the CoC on September 26, 2022)
FY2022 CoC Program Funding Notice
The Snohomish County Office of Community and Homeless Services (OCHS) is solicited Local Applications for the FY 2022 Continuum of Care (CoC) Program funding round.
- Applicants applying for New projects, Expansion of Existing CoC projects, CoC Renewal Projects Operating < 1 Year, and YHDP Renewal and Replacement Projects were required to submit a Local Application by the Phase 2 deadline: 4 p.m. on Friday, August 26, 2022. Phase 2 is now closed.
- Currently funded projects (Renewal Projects) were required to submit a Local Application by the Phase 1 deadline: 4 p.m. on Thursday, June 16, 2022. Phase 1 for Renewal Projects is now closed.
Applicants should complete the applicable application(s) during the applicable funding round phase according to whether they are applying for a renewal or new project.
Phase 2 Local Application Submission
Please review the Funding Notice, which includes the Phase 2 local application for New, Expansion, Renewal Operating Less than One Year, and YHDP Renewal and Replacement Project types:
- FY2022 Phase 2 Funding Notice (New, Expansion, Renewal Operating Less than One Year, and YHDP Renewal and Replacement)
- FY2022 CoC Rating Criteria Phase 2
Phase 2 Required Application Documents
- FY2022 New Project Proposed Budget (MS Excel)
- FY2022 Renewal Operating Less than One Year Proposed Budget (MS Excel)
- FY2022 YHDP Renewal and Replacement Proposed Budget (MS Excel)
- HUD 2880 Form (MS Word)
- FY2022 Commitment Letter Sample (MS Word)
As detailed in the Review, Ranking, and Selection Policies and in the CoC Rating Criteria, application materials will be reviewed, scored, and ranked according to objective scoring criteria, as well as federal and local priorities. This method of project evaluation was reviewed and approved by the CoC Application Oversight Committee, a committee of the Partnership to End Homelessness (PEH) CoC Board.
Phase 2 Application Workshop
An application workshop was held on Wednesday, August 17, 2022, from 3:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
The following documents are available:
Phase 2 Application Deadline
Local Applications for New Projects, Expansion Projects, Renewal Projects Operating Less than One Year, and YHDP Projects must be received by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, August 26, 2022. Electronic applications should be submitted to OCHS Applications. If unable to submit electronically, signed applications may be delivered in person or mailed. Mailed applications must be posted in time and received by the deadline.
For additional information or to arrange an individual application conference, please contact Grants & Program Specialist, Molly Bauer by email or call 425-309-2975.
The County strives to provide access to all members of the public. Reasonable accommodations will be made to provide the information in the above documents in a person’s native language or an alternate format to persons with disabilities upon request. To request translation or an accommodation, please contact Molly Bauer by e-mail or by phone 425-309-2975, or by TTY at 711 or 1-800-833-6384 for voice or at 1-800-833-6388 for text.
Currently Closed Funding Notices
FY2021, FY2020, FY2019, FY2018, and FY2017 YHDP applications are no longer being accepted but detailed information about application requirements may be obtained by visiting the Closed Continuum of Care Funding Notice webpage
Phase 1 Local Application Submission
Please review the Funding Notice, which includes the Phase 1 local application for the Renewal Project type:
- FY2022 Phase 1 Funding Notice (Standard Renewal Local Applicaiton) - CLOSED
- FY2022 CoC Rating Criteria Phase 1
Phase 1 Application Workshop
An application workshop was held on Wednesday, June 1, 2022, from 3:30p – 4:30pm.
The following documents are available:
Phase 1 Application Deadline
Local Applications for Renewal Projects (currently funded CoC programs) must have been received by 4:00 PM on Thursday, June 16, 2022. Electronic applications should have been submitted to OCHS Applications.