- Your Government
- Finance & Records
- Social Media Policy
Social Media Policy
The Snohomish County Auditor's Office uses social networking platforms to connect and interact with different audiences. At this time, we share content on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our goal is to share ideas and information with the public, and we encourage public interaction and communication about the content we post on social media. The Snohomish County Auditor's Office does not necessarily agree with or endorse comments that individuals post on our accounts. Individuals are solely responsible for the content of their comments. We do not discriminate against views or opinions; however, the Snohomish County Auditor's Office does reserve the right to remove, hide or block any post that contains:
- Discriminatory, slanderous, hateful, obscene or explicit comments
- Personal attacks, insults, or threatening language aimed at any person or group
- Any material that violates copyright or intellectual property laws
- Private or personal information published without consent
- Commercial advertisements, promotions, solicitations or spam
- Comments that embed images from external sources
- Comments that violates a local, state, or national law or suggest or encourage illegal activity @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Public Records Disclaimer
All content submitted by users to the Snohomish County Auditor's Office social media sites including likes, comments, direct messages, and other actions may be subject to disclosure under the Public Records Act (RCW 42.56) and Office of the Secretary of State Records Management Guidelines and Retention Schedules. Public disclosure requests must be directed to the Snohomish County Public Disclosure Officer. Please see the Public Records Request Page for more information.
Users participate at their own risk and are personally responsible for their own comments, username, and any information provided. The Snohomish County Auditor's Office welcomes comments consistent with this disclaimer; however, users are encouraged to protect their personal privacy by not disclosing personally identifiable information. The Snohomish County Auditor's Office reserves the right to hide, block, or delete comments that are inconsistent with this disclaimer.
@(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>