180th St SE - Phase I
Update June 2019
An informational open house for the 180th St SE - Phase I project is tentatively scheduled to be held during fall 2019. Construction on the project will begin during spring 2020.
Snohomish County's six-year Transportation Improvement Plan (TIP) identifies projects to improve conditions for pedestrians and motorists along the 180th St. SE corridor. One of these is a project along 180th St. SE beginning at the Bothell-Everett Highway (SR 527) intersection.
The county is proposing to add two lanes to bring 180th St. SE up to five-lanes between SR 527 and 23rd Ave SE (Phase I), along with bike lanes and sidewalks on both sides of the road.
The project was recently awarded $4 million from the Washington State Transportation Improvement Board for construction funding.
Phase I is at 90 percent design and construction is tentatively scheduled to begin in spring 2020. An informational open house is being planned for fall of 2019.
An environmental review and Checklist was completed in compliance with the State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA) on March 2, 2018 for Phase I of the proposed 180th St. SE road improvement project.
Snohomish County Public Works determined that this project does not have a probable, significant adverse impact on the environment and has issued a Determination of Non-significance (DNS).
Public Comment & Appeal Period
The SEPA comment period regarding this project ended on March 26, 2018.
Senior Planner Mary Auld, 425-262-2460, is the contact for the environmental process.
Snohomish County Public Works held a public meeting on June 27, 2017 to discuss four projects in this area. The projects were the 35th Ave SE - Phase II, 43rd Ave SE/Sunset Rd, 180th St SE Phase I and II, and 196th St SE/Grannis Rd. Staff was available to answer questions, review proposed improvements, and gather feedback on potential designs.
- Newsletter/open house invite June 2017 (PDF)
- Meeting displays (PDF), June 2017
- FAQ (PDF), June 2017
- Comment form (PDF), June 2017
- Newsletter May 2012 (PDF)
- Newsletter January 2011 (PDF)
- Newsletter March 2009 (PDF)
Other Projects in the Area
- 180th St SE, Phase II (23rd Ave SE to 35th Ave SE)
- 35th Ave SE, Phase I (180th St SE to Seattle Hill Rd)
- 35th Ave SE, Phase II (SR 524 to 180th St SE)
- 43rd Ave SE/Sunset Rd (SR 524 to 180th St SE)
- 156th St SE (35th Ave SE to the schools)
- 196th St SE/Grannis Rd (22nd Ave SE to 189th Pl SE)
- Seattle Hill Rd (35th Ave SE to 132nd St SE)