Foreclosure Terms of Sale
SNOHOMISH COUNTY WA – Treasurer Brian Sullivan
TAX LIEN FORECLOSURE TERMS OF SALE
This information is designed to assist potential bidders and in no way encompasses the entirely of information regarding tax lien foreclosure sales. Information is subject to change.
This is not intended to provide legal advice – anyone with questions is advised to seek the advice of their attorney or legal advisor.
1.The 2022 Tax Lien Foreclosure Auction will be held online at www.Bid4Assets.com for real property which became subject to property tax foreclosure, Case #22-2-03292-31 filed in Snohomish County Superior Court June 7, 2022, and which has not been redeemed before the sale date. Bidding will begin at 9am PST on Tuesday December 6, 2022. Closing times for bids will be staggered, as indicated on the Bid4Assets website. The opening bid includes all unpaid general real property taxes, all unpaid deferred real property taxes per RCW 84.37 and 84.38, all personal property and gambling taxes which have been certified to real property, all abatement costs which have been certified to Snohomish County Treasury, all special taxes, fees and Special Assessment charges (but not Special Assessments which are not foreclosable by Snohomish County), interest and penalties to and including December 6, 2022 and foreclosure costs. All document recording fees are included. Transfer of ownership at the time of sale may result in additional taxes due for these parcels.
2. THE PARCELS ARE OFFERED ON A ‘WHERE IS’ AND ‘AS IS’ BASIS, AND SNOHOMISH COUNTY MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OF WARRANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, NOR ANY GUARANTEE OF WARRANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE CONDITION OF TITLE TO ANY PROPERTY NOR THE PHYSICAL CONDITION OF ANY PROPERTY OR ITS FITNESS FOR ANY USE OR PURPOSE. BIDDERS ARE ADVISED THAT CERTAIN PROPERTIES MAY BE SUBJECT TO EASEMENTS OR USE RESTRICTIONS SET FORTH IN THE COVENANTS, RIGHTS, AND RESTRICTIONS OF CERTAIN PLATS, AS WELL AS ZONING AND OTHER LAND USE CONTROLS. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PURCHASER TO DO THEIR OWN RESEARCH AS TO THE USE OF THE PROPERTIES FOR THEIR INTENDED PURPOSE AND TO DETERMINE IF IT WILL BE SUITABLE FOR THE PURPOSES FOR WHICH IT IS PURCHASED. IT IS THE BUYER’S RESPONSIBILITY TO RESEARCH AND DETERMINE WHETHER PARCELS ARE SUBJECT TO LIENS THAT WILL NOT BE EXTINGUISHED BY THE FORECLOSURE SALE. CERTAIN PROPERTIES MAY BE DESIGNATED AS “OPEN SPACE”, “OPEN AREA”, “PERMANENT OPEN AREA”, “COMMON AREA”, “DESIGNATED FOREST”, “DRAINAGE”, OR SIMILAR DESIGNATIONS, AND ARE SUBJECT TO LAND USE OR ZONING RESTRICTIONS WHICH INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, PROHIBITIONS ON PLACING IMPROVEMENTS ON SUCH PARCELS. BIDDERS ARE FURTHER ADVISED THAT SNOHOMISH COUNTY DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE PHYSICAL CONDITION OF ANY PARCEL INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WHETHER THE PARCEL IS CONTAMINATED WITH HAZARDOUS WASTE OR CONTAMINATION FROM ANY SOURCE, OR WHETHER THE PARCEL IS SUBJECT TO RESTRICTIONS BASED ON APPLICABLE LAND USE LAWS OR REGULATIONS. FOR ANY PROPERTY PURCHASED, IT SHALL BE THE BUYER’S SOLE RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE A DETERMINATION WHETHER ANY SUCH CONTAMINATION EXISTS OR WHETHER THE PROPERTY IS RESTRICTED IN ANY MANNER. BIDDERS ARE REQUIRED TO CONDUCT ANY RESEARCH OF DUE DILIGENCE THEY WISH TO CONDUCT PRIOR TO BID SUBMITTAL.
3. In order to participate in the online auction, PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. Please register at www.Bid4Assets.com no later than Tuesday November 29, 2022. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PARTICIPATE in the Snohomish County WA auction on December 6, 2022 if you do not pre-register and place your pre-sale deposit.
4. There is a MINIMUM pre-sale DEPOSIT AMOUNT REQUIRED to participate in the online auction, which is due by November 29, 2022. The Bid4Assets website will list the deposit amount and give instructions on how to transfer the deposit amount to Bid4Assets so that you may participate in the auction. This ONE TIME per auction single deposit is required to participate, no matter how many parcels you may bid on or purchase, and no matter the amount due for minimum bid on any of those parcels. It is a requirement to participate, even if you do not end up purchasing property at the sale. If no property is purchased at the Snohomish County Tax auction, the deposit will be refunded, less a $35.00 processing fee, as described on the Bid4Assets website.
5. The sale will be made by auction to the highest and best bidder, subject to statutory redemption rights. This is a certified funds sale for the full amount of the final bid plus other fees due at auction close.
6. THIS TAX SALE IS SUBJECT TO A 5% BUYERS PREMIUM. A 5% Buyers premium will be charged per parcel/item for properties SOLD on the website. This fee is paid directly to Bid4Assets. The BUYERS PREMIUM is 5% of the purchase price, with a minimum charge of $100.
7. Snohomish County is not liable for the failure of any device which prevents a person from participating in any auction. “Device” includes, but is not limited to, computer hardware, a computer network, a computer software application, and a computer website.
8. Winning bidders will receive an email from Bid4Assets, sent to the email address provided at registration, confirming final total due to complete their purchase. Bidders are legally and financially responsible for all parcels bid upon, whether representing oneself or acting as an agent. Should you be a successful bidder on multiple parcels, ONLY PAYMENT IN FULL FOR ALL PARCELS will be accepted. Selective payment WILL NOT be allowed, and all transactions will be deemed in default. Full payment must be made within 48 hours directly to Bid4Assets, following the instructions that will be provided to the winning bidder(s) upon auction close. See all other applicable terms on the Bid4Assets website for details.
9. A bid is an irrevocable offer to purchase a property, and, once made, is a binding contract. If a winning bid is accepted and the bidder defaults because the payment has not been timely received by Snohomish County (through Bid4Assets), the deposit will be retained and the bidder, and any party the bidder represents, will be excluded from participating in both Snohomish County and Bid4Assets auctions for 5 years.
10. BY SUBMITTING A BID, YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS OF SALE AS POSTED AT THE TIME THE BID IS SUBMITTED.
11. Overpayment made under $50.00 will not be refunded. Overpayments over $50.00 will be refunded by Bid4Assets, at the bidder’s expense.
12. The sale of each parcel shall be considered final and closed upon acceptance of the winning bid. Parcels that remain unsold when the auction and any authorized re-offer(s) are complete will be considered ‘sold’ to Snohomish County and held by Snohomish County Property Management as Tax Title parcels, per RCW 84.64.200.
13. Within 24 hours of notification of a winning bid, successful bidders MUST complete the tax deed information through the Deed Wizard on the Bid4Assets website. The Deed Wizard will close immediately following the 24 hour period. Failure to complete the Bid4Assets Deed Wizard within the 24 hour period will result in the deed being recorded in the registered name of the successful bidder as supplied to Bid4Assets during bidder registration.
14. If you are a successful bidder, a Tax Deed will be issued for the parcel within 30 days and mailed to the purchaser, after being forwarded to the Snohomish County Auditor’s Office for recording. The name and address as given to us for issuance of the Tax Deed will be available by law as a public record and is the address to which the Tax Deed and future property tax statements will be mailed.
15. Snohomish County retains the right to reject and all bids for any reason, may withdraw any property from the auction at any time before or during the sale, and reserves the right to cancel the sale of a property at any time prior to the issuance of the tax deed.
16. Snohomish County cannot warrant the accuracy, reliability, or timeliness of the information you may be accessing on and from Snohomish County’s website, or Bid4Assets website. All maps, data, and information set forth on the Snohomish County website (“Data”), are for illustrative purposes only and are not to be considered an official citation to, or representation of, the Snohomish County Code. Amendments and updates to the Data, together with other applicable County Code provisions, may apply which are not depicted herein. Snohomish County makes no representation or warranty concerning the content, accuracy, currency, completeness, or quality of the Data contained herein and expressly disclaims any warranty of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose. All persons accessing or otherwise using this Data assume all responsibility for use thereof and agree to hold Snohomish County harmless from and against any damages, loss, claim, or liability arising out of any error, defect or omission contained within said Data. Washington State Law, Ch. 42.56 RCW, prohibits state and local agencies from providing access to lists of individuals intended for use for commercial purposes and, thus, no commercial use may be made of any Data comprising lists of individuals contained herein. Snohomish County shall not be held liable for losses caused by using this information. Any person or entity that relies on any information obtained from these systems does so at their own risk.
17. Snohomish County has obtained title reports for notice purposes as required by Washington State law. We have furnished these title reports for viewing purposes ONLY. These documents are a public record but should not be relied upon for personal use or as a basis for determining whether or not to bid on a parcel. Snohomish County makes no guarantee or warranty, expressed or implied that the information contained in the title reports is accurate or complete in scope or substance. They are restricted to the use of Snohomish County Treasurer Office for the purpose of determining necessary parties’ defendants in an action concerning matters to be disclosed at a later date. POTENTIAL BUYERS SHOULD NOT RELY ON THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IN SAID TITLE REPORTS AND DO SO AT THEIR OWN RISK.
18. In accordance with RCW 84.64.080, any person who is a Snohomish County employee or officer, or person who is an immediate family member of and residing in Snohomish County, MAY NOT BID at the sale on their own behalf, nor may such person bid as an agent or allow any agent to bid on their behalf.
ALL SALES ARE FINAL. BY SUBMITTING A BID, YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS OF SALE AS POSTED AT THE TIME THE BID IS SUBMITTED.