Ex Parte via the Clerk
Ex Parte via the Clerk is a mail-in service where attorneys and pro-se litigants can submit select matters to be presented to the appropriate judge or commissioner by the Ex Parte Clerk. (This is NOT the same thing as Ex Parte Court where matters are brought before the commissioner without calendaring a hearing in advance.) Rules surrounding Ex Parte mail are covered in SCLAR 0.02(f)(2)(A-D).
The presentation service includes:
- Delivery of up to five (5) orders in one case at one time for a single presentation fee.
- Related services (e.g., certified copies, probate or guardianship letters, writs) may be requested and paid for at the same time.
The court case file is not reviewed. All supporting documents necessary for the Court to decide the issue must be provided, including but not limited to copies of all documents (e.g., Affidavits of Service) that are referenced in the proposed order.
- Presentation fee of $30.00 for up to 5 orders per cause number
- Uncertified copies are $.25 per page
- Certified copies are $5.00 for the first page and $1.00 for each additional page (per document)
- Letters are $5.00 per letter
- Form K is $5.00 each
- Writ is $20.00 for the original and one conformed copy
- Subpoenas are $20.00 for the original and one conformed copy
- Exemplified copies are $9.00 for the first page and $1.00 for each additional page
You may apply to the Clerk’s Office for a waiver by completing the Clerk’s fee waiver forms available here or at the Clerk’s Office.
Payment is required at the time of submission. The clerk accepts payment in the form of a business check or money order made payable to Snohomish County Clerk; personal checks are not accepted.
The following are some of the frequently requested orders (this is not a conclusive list):
- Agreed or Stipulated Orders
- Orders of Dismissal
- Orders of Default
- Judgment on Answer of Garnishee/Order to Pay
- Supplemental Proceedings (requires an additional $20 filing fee)
- Orders Extending Judgment (requires an additional $200 filing fee)
- Orders to Show Cause
- Probate orders
- Guardianship orders
Click here for additional information and detailed instructions about the Ex Parte via the Clerk process.
To view and print the Ex Parte via the Clerk Cover Sheet, click here.