PREPARE AND SUBMIT YOUR PETITION FOR PROTECTION ORDER
A person seeking a protection order can fill out the paperwork and file it with the Clerk's Office online. Visit legalatoms.com/snohomish or click on the logo below to start.
If you are unable to submit a petition for protection order online through LegalAtoms, you can print out and complete the appropriate forms packet and bring into our office located at:
Snohomish County Clerk - Protection Order Office
3000 Rockefeller Ave, Room 1-530
Everett, WA 98201
You can also fax the petition and supporting documents to us at 425-388-3127. Provide a coversheet with your name, phone number, and email address. Please call us during business hours to confirm that we received it.
Civil Protection Orders
Washington State law allows a person (called the Petitioner) to file a civil case asking the court to grant an order to protect them from another person (called the Respondent) whose behavior is abusive, threatening, exploitative, or harassing.
A single petition is used when filing for a protection order that includes the following types of requests:
- domestic violence protection order,
- anti-harassment protection order,
- sexual assault protection order,
- and vulnerable adult protection order.
A separate petition is used for extreme risk protection orders - which are primarily filed by law enforcement but can be filed by an intimate partner, family, or household member. An extreme risk protection order does not protect an individual but rather protects society. Petitioners choose which type of protection order is most appropriate for them to file. However, protection orders do not cover everyone's needs; there may be other legal remedies that are appropriate.
- There is no fee for forms, filing documents, or for certified copies when asking for a Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault, Vulnerable Adult, Stalking, or Extreme Risk Protection Order
- There is no fee required for service of documents on the respondent if service is performed by law enforcement unless a filing fee is paid for anti-harassment cases
- A $53 filing fee may apply in Anti-Harassment cases unless harassment is: