Hosting an Event

Planning a Special Event on Park Property?

All special events held on parks and recreation property require a Special Event Permit Application that must be completed and submitted to the Parks and Recreation Department prior to the event.  If you're planning a  fundraiser, cross country race, concert, or other special event on Snohomish County Parks property, please take the time to review the following instructions: 

Permitting Process:

  • Complete the Special Event Permit Application and submit 30 days in advance of the event. 
  • Event organizers are responsible for obtaining any additional permits or documentation from the other departments. For example, Health Department, Fire Marshal or Public Works. 
  • The County requires a Certificate of Insurance with endorsement naming Snohomish County as additional insured and Certificate Holder with at least $1 million in liability coverage from the special event applicant / organization, all vendors, and most equipment to include stages, bounce houses, tents and more.
  • The event organizer must provide a map laying out the event location, the location of any equipment on the site, tents, stages, fencing, placement of portable toilets, access to electricity if required, and in the case of a walk/run/cycling event, the event route (including start and finish) must be clearly identified. The event map should be included with the original application.
  • Email completed applications to
  • Permit will be issued or denied. Payment will be due at the time of booking.

Event Application Form

*IMPORTANT: Event Applications are approved on a case-by-case basis. Submitting does not guarantee approval.