Design Standards / EDDS
Amendments to the EDDS
Proposed Rule Making Action
Pursuant to Snohomish County Code (SCC) 30.82.040 (Rulemaking) the Snohomish County Department of Public Works (DPW) is proposing amendments to Chapters 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, and 10 of the County’s Engineering Design and Development Standards (EDDS).
Attached are the following documents:
- Stakeholder Notice of Proposed Rulemaking Action, which gives brief explanations of the proposed changes
- Proposed EDDS amendments with changes marked (deleted language shown with
strikeoutsand new language shown as underlined)
- Proposed EDDS amendments incorporated into the document (except for the Standard Drawings)
- Explanations of the amendments to EDDS Sections and Standard Drawings arranged by EDDS Chapter and Section / Drawing
Comments must be submitted no later than 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, February 12, 2020. After we have reviewed all comments the County Engineer may approve the proposed amended rule(s) in whole or in part, with or without changes, or repeal the proposed amended rule(s) entirely. Once that is done we will provide (email and publish in the Herald) a Notice of Rule Adoption identifying all the sections and standard drawings being adopted. The emailed notice of adoption will also include the final version of the changes.
Please email all your questions, comments, or proposed changes to Erik Olson or Ryan Peterson.
Current EDDS Edition (effective August 6, 2018)
- Complete EDDS document including Standard Details/Drawings (PDF) (Document reformatted February 25, 2019. The Standard Details/Drawings are now included with the text at the end of each chapter and Appendix A and B are at the end of the document)
Printing tip: Set your printer to "auto portrait/landscape" to ensure the standard drawings print correctly. If this is not an option, print the standard drawings separately and set the orientation to landscape.
Previous EDDS Editions
Helpful Forms & Information
The following links are provided to useful forms and information:
- Comment / Change Request Form (PDF)
- EDDS Deviation Forms - do not use to waive or modify a requirement of county code, Drainage Manual or EDDS stormwater standards.
- For EDDS Pre-application Deviation Requests: EDDS Pre-application Deviation Request Form (This request can only be submitted after the Presubmittal Conference required by SCC 30.66B.020 and before submittal of the development application)
- For projects vested prior to September 30, 2010: EDDS Deviation Request Form (PDF)
- For projects vested from September 30, 2010 through January 21, 2016:
- For projects vested on or after January 22, 2016:
- Utility Predesign Conference Checklist (PDF) (required for all utility work within the right-of-way that require either a Type D7 or D8 permit)
Interim EDDS Administrative Interpretations
Pursuant to EDDS Section 1-04, the county engineer has the authority to approve Administrative Interpretations of the EDDS.
There are no Administrative Interpretations pending incorporation into the EDDS at this time.