Design Standards / EDDS
Amendments to the EDDS
Proposed Rule Making Action
Pursuant to Snohomish County Code (SCC) 30.82.040 (Rulemaking) on January 21, 2020 (Original Notice) and on March 10, 2020 (Follow-up Notice) the Snohomish County Department of Public Works (DPW) proposed amendments to Chapters 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, and 10 of the Snohomish County Engineering Design and Development Standards (EDDS). The County Engineer has approved the EDDS amendments and the adopted amendments will go in to effect on May 1, 2020.
Please email all your questions to Erik Olson.
Current EDDS Edition (effective May 1, 2020)
- Complete EDDS document including Standard Details/Drawings (PDF)
Printing tip: Set your printer to "auto portrait/landscape" to ensure the standard drawings print correctly. If this is not an option, print the standard drawings separately and set the orientation to landscape.
Previous EDDS Editions
Helpful Forms & Information
The following links are provided to useful forms and information:
- Comment / Change Request Form (PDF)
- EDDS Deviation Forms - do not use to waive or modify a requirement of county code, Drainage Manual or EDDS stormwater standards.
- For EDDS Pre-application Deviation Requests: EDDS Pre-application Deviation Request Form (This request can only be submitted after the Presubmittal Conference required by SCC 30.66B.020 and before submittal of the development application)
- For projects vested prior to September 30, 2010: EDDS Deviation Request Form (PDF)
- For projects vested from September 30, 2010 through January 21, 2016:
- For projects vested on or after January 22, 2016:
- Utility Predesign Conference Checklist (PDF) (required for all utility work within the right-of-way that require either a Type D7 or D8 permit)
Interim EDDS Administrative Interpretations
Pursuant to EDDS Section 1-04, the county engineer has the authority to approve Administrative Interpretations of the EDDS.
There are no Administrative Interpretations pending incorporation into the EDDS at this time.