Resiliency Conference (Virtual Conference)
October 12-13, 2022
Registration is open! Click here: 2022 Registration
For assistance call 425-388-7254.
Bruce D. Perry, MD, PhD. - Over the last thirty years, Dr. Perry has been an active teacher, clinician and researcher in children’s mental health and the neurosciences holding a variety of academic positions. His work on the impact of abuse, neglect and trauma on the developing brain has impacted clinical practice, programs and policy across the world.
Dr. Shawn Ginwright - Shawn Ginwright, PhD is one of the nation’s leading innovators, provocateurs, and thought leaders on African American youth, youth activism, and youth development. He is Professor of Education in the Africana Studies Department and a Senior Research Associate at San Francisco State University.
Spring 2023 Cohort 5 Train the Trainer Training
Snohomish County Human Services Behavioral Health and Snohomish County Children’s Wellness Coalition are training, providing tools, and supporting organizations who want to become trauma informed. Our C.A.R.E. community movement, which stands for Compassion, Appreciation, Resilience & Empowerment, equips organizations to become trauma informed. What this means is that organizations commit to train their entire staff on trauma informed principles (safety, empowerment and choice, cultural, historical and gender issues, transparency and trustworthiness, collaboration and mutuality and peer support) and work towards sustainable policy and procedure changes and a culture that deepens relationships and embeds these principles.
For assistance, please call 425-388-7254.
Past Event Information and Presentations
Youth & Family Wellness Fair
- 2019 Report (PDF)
- 2018 Report (PDF)
- 2016 Event Synopsis (JPG)
- Watch our 2016 Children & Youth Mental Wellness Fair Video.
Previous Workshop Presentations
- Anxiety & Depression (PDF)
- Music Therapy (PDF)
- Suicide Awareness for Parents (PDF)
- Youth Mental Health LGBTIG (PDF)
View the partner agencies and resources provided at past Wellness Fair events on the Wellness Fair Resources webpage.
- Shawn Ginwright, Ph.D., professor at San Francisco State University
- Michael Ungar, Ph.D., author of Change Your World: The Science of Resilience and the True Path to Success
- Dr. Nadine Burke Harris, Center for Youth Wellness
- Joe Neigel, Monroe Community Coalition
- Christy Anana, School Counselor
- Continua Consulting Group
- Scriber Lake High School
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
- One Heart Wild
- David Lewis, Seattle Public Schools
- Trauma-Informed Practices and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (PDF) (presentation updated 2021)
Building Trauma Informed Practices in our Schools and Communities
November 2, 2016
- Dr. Robert Macy, International Trauma Center:
- Jim Sporleder, Sporleder Consulting:
- Video: Catch Kids Before They Fall or view the PowerPoint (PDF)
- Video: How to Implement Trauma Informed Practices in Schools or view the PowerPoint (PDF)