To report a road concern or problem, learn how to contact us.
About Road Maintenance
Road Maintenance performs most traditional Public Works functions, including:
- Maintenance and minor construction of the County's bridges and of County streets and roads, including filling those potholes.
- Response to emergencies such as floods, snow storms, wind storms, accidents, spills, and water over roadway
- Production of road materials from County-owned pits and quarries
- Under the direction of Surface Water Management, the maintenance and minor construction of off-road surface water systems and levees
- Maintenance and minor construction of the division's yards, properties and buildings at the Cathcart Way Operations Center, Arlington, Sand Hill Pit and elsewhere
- Assistance in the maintenance of other County facilities such as solid waste drop boxes, transfer stations, fairgrounds and parks facilities under intra-governmental agreements
- Assistance in the maintenance of other governmental facilities such as Snohomish County PUD's roads and parking lots, plus various city streets, bridges and other municipal facilities under inter-local governmental agreements
- Road-shoulder maintenance and vegetation control
- Sub-grade repair, patching, maintenance paving and chip sealing; ditch, culvert and water retention system cleaning and repair; bridge maintenance
- Traffic control device installation and maintenance such as signs, striping, crosswalks, arrows, buttons, guardrails and jersey barriers
- Roadside installation and maintenance such as retaining walls, river and stream slope improvements
- Road closures: Emergency, weight restricted and seasonal
- Noxious weeds control