In order to vote in Washington, you must first register. Once you are registered, make sure your voter registration information stays current so that you receive the correct ballot on time.
There are three ways to register or update your registration:
Go to VoteWA.gov.
Visit Snohomish County Elections during office hours.
Print and mail the voter registration form to:
Snohomish County Elections
3000 Rockefeller Ave M/S 505
Everett, WA 98201
Voter registration forms are also available at many libraries and government offices.
To register to vote you must be:
- A citizen of the United States
- A legal resident of Washington state for at least 30 days prior to election day
- At least 18 years old by Election Day*
- Not disqualified from voting due to a court order
- Not currently serving a sentence of total confinement in prison under the jurisdiction of the department of corrections for a Washington felony conviction
- Not currently incarcerated for a federal or out-of-state felony conviction
*Note: 16 and 17-year-olds may pre-register but will not appear in the look-up system or receive a voter registration card until their 18th birthday.
Update your registration if:
- You are new to Washington State
- You have recently moved
- You have a new mailing address
- You changed your name