Administrative and Professional Staff
The Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office is looking for medical professionals to join our jail healthcare team. Corrections medical care provides autonomy for independent, critical thinkers who practice clinical skills on a population with diverse medical conditions. Medical staff enjoy good support from peers and practitioners. The corrections industry is stable and our staff enjoy competitive pay and an outstanding benefits package.
Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioners (ARNP) (Psychiatric)
Candidates must have completed a formal nurse practitioner program and be certified for advanced practice in the State of Washington; AND, a Bachelor of Science degree in nursing (BSN), preferably psychiatric; AND a Master’s degree in nursing or related health care field. Current Washington Psychiatric ARNP licensure with prescriptive authority required. Prefer one (1) year of experience in a mental health setting, with demonstrated ability to relate effectively with people of varied backgrounds. Past experience in correctional health care preferred.
Licensed Practical Nurse
State of Washington Practical Nurse License. Successful completion of National Association of Practical Nursing Education and Service, Inc. (NAPNES) Medication Course is preferred.
Graduation from an accredited school of professional nursing and a current State of Washington license as a professional registered nurse. One (1) year experience in an acute care hospital or related trauma experience is preferred.
Mental Health Professional
Candidates must have a Master’s degree in social work, clinical psychology, psychiatric nursing, or related field; PLUS, two (2) years experience in the direct treatment of mentally ill clients; OR, any equivalent combination of training and/or experience that provides the required knowledge and abilities. Licensure as a Social Worker, Marriage/Family Therapist or Mental Health Counselor required.
Medical Assistant (Certified)
Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant – Certified program; State of Washington Medical Assistant - Certified License. Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers and CPR/AED certification is preferred.
- Candidates must submit an on-line application through Snohomish County's Human Resources site.
- Qualified candidates who pass the initial screening will be notified to self-schedule for an oral board interview.
- Interview dates will be scheduled periodically throughout the advertising period.
- A final score of 70% will be required in order for the candidate's name to appear on the eligibility list.
- Pre-employment examinations may include, but are not limited to, a complete background investigation, fingerprinting, criminal record check and pre-employment drug screening.
- RN and LPN candidates hired will receive an additional 25% premium assignment pay that will be added to the salary amount.
- Paid Continuing Medical Education
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Paid vacation and 10 holidays
- Employer-paid pension program
Snohomish County is a great place to work, live and play. Nestled between the Puget Sound and the rugged Cascade Mountains, Snohomish County is north of Seattle and south of Vancouver, BC. A short ferry ride away from the San Juan Islands or Olympic Peninsula, we are surrounded by some of the most spectacular scenery in the United States. Forest and mountain wildlife sanctuaries, unlimited opportunities for outdoor fun, including fishing, hunting, skiing, hiking and more. We also some of the best coffee and wines this side of Italy and shopping opportunities galore.