Carousel Ranch Park
The Carousel Ranch Park Project is currently on hold. For many reasons including the complexity of the wetland site and construction cost inflation since the site’s acquisition in 2015, the current plans are not feasible within the budget. Even with a simplified version of the plan, there is not enough funding.
Snohomish County Park staff feel it is important to do what is best for the site, habitat and community. We plan to re-examine how to optimally use this land for the public with a full redesign. A new public process will be undertaken when the project becomes active again. There is no definitive start date at this time.
Location: 21815 SR 9 SE Woodinville, WA 98072
Maltby Area Park (aka Carousel Ranch) is a 65.23-acre future park site. Cutthroat Creek meanders from the northeast across the woodland and flows through a culvert under SR 9 to the west. There are several existing structures, wetlands and ponds. Snohomish County Parks and Recreation is in the process of re-designing the park set forth by the 2005 Brightwater Mitigation Agreement and other program elements through input from public meetings and an Ad Hoc Committee comprised of an equitable number of neighbors, stakeholder/user groups and county park staff.
The site was acquired on October 30, 2015, through funding from the 2005 Brightwater Mitigation Agreement between King County and Snohomish County for the construction and siting of the Brightwater Treatment Plant in Snohomish County.
“This project will provide primarily active recreation facilities for the broad community surrounding the treatment plant site. The community and potential user groups will be included in the design process that will lead by Snohomish County. Multiple locations are currently being considered. This funding is for acquisition and development of this active recreation facility,” from the 2005 Brightwater Settlement Agreement.
- Carousel Ranch Design Plans
- 09-13-16 Ad Hoc Committee Meeting 1 Minutes (PDF)
- 09-19-16 Project Schedule (PDF)
- 09-20-16 Public Meeting 1 Sign In Sheet (PDF)
- 09-20-16 Public Meeting 1 Meeting Minutes (pdf)
- 09-27-16 Ad Hoc Committee Meeting 2 Minutes (PDF)
- 10-04-16 Ad Hoc Committee Meeting 3 Minutes (PDF)
- 11-10-16 Public Meeting 2 Meeting Minutes (PDF)
- 12-01-16 Public Meeting 3 Meeting Minutes (PDF)
- 12-13-16 Park Board Meeting (PDF)
- 03-02-18 Public Meeting Rendering (pdf)