Carousel Ranch Community Park
Location: 21815 SR 9 SE Woodinville, WA 98072
Maltby Area Community Park (aka Carousel Ranch) is a 65.23-acre future park site. Cutthroat Creek meanders from the northeast across the woodland and flows through a culvert under SR 9 to the west. There are several existing structures, wetlands, ponds and horse barns. Snohomish County Parks and Recreation is in the process of designing the park set forth by the 2005 Brightwater Mitigation Agreement and other program elements through input from public meetings and an Ad Hoc Committee comprised of an equitable number of neighbors, stakeholder/user groups and county park staff.
The site was acquired on October 30, 2015, through funding from the 2005 Brightwater Mitigation Agreement between King County and Snohomish County for the construction and siting of the Brightwater Treatment Plant in Snohomish County.
“This project will provide primarily active recreation facilities for the broad community surrounding the treatment plant site. The community and potential user groups will be included in the design process that will lead by Snohomish County. Multiple locations are currently being considered. This funding is for acquisition and development of this active recreation facility,” from the 2005 Brightwater Settlement Agreement.
Four fields will be constructed and striped to accommodate multiple sports with lighting to allow night games to be played. The fields will be striped for the following sports:
- Baseball and softball
There will be an off-leash dog area, walking trails, and a connection to the current Brightwater trails to the south.
- Snohomish County Parks Division submitted local permitting plans to Snohomish County Planning and Development Services 4/1/2022 for initial review. Review time is anticipated to be 90 Days.
We are potentially putting out construction bids for contractors fall 2022.
Army Corps of Engineers Federal permits were forwarded to NOAA Fisheries for their review 12/20/21; they have not yet assigned a project manager as of today.
As part of the permitting process, Tribal Nations were consulted. They have reviewed the mitigation plans and are satisfied that the mitigation will be of positive benefit to salmon production.
- In collaboration with DCNR SWM Division, improvements were made to Cutthroat Creek for water quality and fish habitat.
- Project currently in permitting phase.
- Carousel Ranch Design Plans
- 09-13-16 Ad Hoc Committee Meeting 1 Minutes (PDF)
- 09-19-16 Project Schedule (PDF)
- 09-20-16 Public Meeting 1 Sign In Sheet (PDF)
- 09-20-16 Public Meeting 1 Meeting Minutes (pdf)
- 09-27-16 Ad Hoc Committee Meeting 2 Minutes (PDF)
- 10-04-16 Ad Hoc Committee Meeting 3 Minutes (PDF)
- 11-10-16 Public Meeting 2 Meeting Minutes (PDF)
- 12-01-16 Public Meeting 3 Meeting Minutes (PDF)
- 12-13-16 Park Board Meeting (PDF)
- 03-02-18 Public Meeting Rendering (pdf)