Requests For Foreclosure Information

NOTE-the “view Archive” and county “Search” links and property lists in other places on the Snohomish County web site are NOT CURRENT LISTINGS-they are prior years and invalid.

The Snohomish County Treasurer conducts an annual Tax Lien Foreclosure Auction, pursuant to RCW CHAPTER 84.64.and other state law. Public Records Release of Foreclosure Information fall under the Public Records Disclosure guidelines as prescribed in RCW, State and County rules and regulation, for both the party releasing records and the requester of records. For more information about Public Records and their release, please see the Snohomish County Public Records page here.

AVAILABLE WITHOUT A PUBLIC RECORDS REQUEST- though you are still advised to know the rights and responsibilities of viewing public records-see the Public Records page for more information.

Certificate of Delinquency (court filing of the start of Tax Lien Foreclosure-around June each year)

Affidavit of Publication (published notice of parties with a recorded interest in property subject to foreclosure-Sept/Oct each year)

Final Order of Sale (permission by the court to foreclose-filed late Nov each year)

Return of Sale (court filing of property sold at tax auction- INCLUDING any property that ‘did not sell to a private party’-which will become Tax Title Property held in trust by Snohomish County Property Management Division. Note- is not available until court filing-usually 1st part of Jan after the sale)

Tax Lien Foreclosure Excess Funds. This 'list' is created after the Tax Sale each year, as governed by RCW 84.64.080 (10). ANYONE VIEWING THIS LIST IS ADVISED TO KNOW STATE LAW REGARDING Excess Funds. Snohomish County notifies all RECORD OWNERS of property that has Excess Funds held on their behalf. Any party feeling that they have right, or interest, in any Excess Funds from the sale of their property should contact the Snohomish County Treasurer's Office directly at 425-388-3606. Snohomish County will not release Excess Funds until a thorough vetting process. These lists of Excess Funds lists are updated periodically, as Excess Funds are redeemed by the record owner.

NOTE- the Return of Sale is the only ‘list’ of property that did not sell at a Tax Lien Foreclosure auction. Those properties are transferred to Snohomish County, and to discuss any possible ‘purchase’ of those properties, you MUST contact Property Management. Before you do, please review their web page for more information regarding TAX TITLE PROPERTY here.  

ALL OTHER REQUESTS FOR ‘FORECLOSURE LISTS’ must go through the Public Records Request Portal, located on the main Public Records page here.

FYI: from the Public Records web page: What About A List of Individuals?

If you request a public record that contains a list of individuals, you must submit Form 2: Declaration to Release List of Individuals (DOC) verifying that the list of names will not be used for commercial purposes. Form 2 requires the following information:

The date of your request

Your contact information

Your signed oath not to use the information for commercial purposes

Your request is limited to the actual records the Treasurer/Foreclosure Dept. may have, and the format or data may not fit your request exactly, as we can only release the actual public records as we ‘created’ it, not as you ‘request’ it. PLEASE be as specific with your request as possible. See FAQ for Public Records Requests hereThese requests may include, but are not limited to:

  • Delinquent property lists (may be limited to the Tax Roll, as we don’t have a ‘delinquent property list’ until it is created for the Certificate of Delinquency-see above)
  • Lists of property with 1, 2 or 3 year taxes delinquent (may be limited to the Tax Roll)
  • List of property with surplus funds or excess funds after the sale
  • Copy of individual foreclosure records, including requests for certified notice of mailing to lien holders
  • Title reports on foreclosure parcels (NOTE-these are available from Nov to Dec sale, on the Bid4Assets website-without a Public Records Request. After that, they are only available by Public Records Request through Snohomish Co Public Records Request Portal.