When to File
For many minor incidents, you can file an online crime report. Some, but not all of the criteria, for filing an online crime report include:
- The incident is not an emergency (Is there an immediate threat to life safety or property? Is there a fire? Call 911.)
- There are no known suspects. (If you have suspect information, call 911.)
- You have a valid email address
- The item(s) were lost, stolen, or damaged
- Value of stolen, lost or damaged items is less than $5,000. (See below for reporting collisions and hit-and-runs.)
More Serious Items
To report a more serious crime, to report found property or if you need to have a deputy contact you for damage or loss of $5,000 or more, please call 911 and ask to be contacted by a deputy.
Report Special Traffic Collisions or Hit-and-Run
Report traffic collisions where the damage or loss exceeds $1,000 and was not previously investigated by the police to the Washington State Patrol.
Copies of an Online Police Report
We will attempt to contact you via email with a case number one business day after the online report is received. Instructions for requesting the official incident report can be found online.