Sewer & Water Requirements

State law requires that new residence have an approved water source and a septic system or sewer availability. When building a new home or placing a manufactured home on a parcel which is served by sanitary sewer or public water, a letter from the supplier is required. This letter needs to be submitted with your application materials. The applicant is responsible for obtaining the availability letter. Please contact your local water/sewer district directly.

For rural properties an approved well and on-site septic system approved by the Snohomish Health District, a state agency, is required for construction of a residence or buildings with plumbing. In addition any development on properties that have an existing site septic systems will need to be approved by the Snohomish Health District prior to Snohomish County issuing the building permit. Applicants will need to fill out and submit the Health District clearance form and accurately show the location of the septic system and well on the site development plan submitted with your application materials.

Sample Water/Availability Letter


Ask A Permit Tech