Savvy Septic Program
Septic System Care Workshops - Free & Online
Learn how to keep your septic system running properly for years to come. Plus, attend and learn how to receive up to $200 in septic care rebates.
Wed, July 20 OR Thurs, July 21 - 6:30-8:30PM
Snohomish County's Savvy Septic Program is a one-stop-shop for financing options, incentives, and education to help you maintain a healthy septic system!
The Savvy Septic Program offers:
- Low-interest loans for septic system repair and replacement
- Rebates for septic system inspection and riser installation
- Grants for qualifying low income homeowners for system maintenance and repairs
- Free maintenance workshops to help residents better understand system care
About Savvy Septic
The Savvy Septic Program is your one-stop-shop for financing options, incentives, and education to help you maintain a healthy septic system. Low-interest loans, rebates, and grants are available to help keep your system functioning properly. The program also offers free homeowner workshops on septic maintenance.
This program is a partnership with the Washington State Department of Ecology, Washington State Department of Health, and Craft3. The Savvy Septic Program is made possible through a $292,659 Centennial Grant from the Washington State Department of Ecology, and $625,000 in EPA grants administered by the WA Department of Health. The Snohomish County Public Works Surface Water Management Division contributed nearly $300,000 in matching funds for the initial program pilot.
Together, we're keeping our water clean by helping Snohomish County residents become Savvy Septic owners.
Looking for information about your septic system?
The Snohomish Health District works to ensure that septic systems are not only located and installed correctly but also kept in good working condition by providing the following services:
- Review and permitting of proposed on-site septic systems
- As-built and other records for existing systems
- Complaint investigations and enforcement
- Certification of septic pumpers and installers within Snohomish County
- Technical assistance to the general public
The Snohomish Health District is an independent special purpose district responsible for public health in Snohomish County and is separate from Snohomish County government. For more information on the topics listed above, please contact the Snohomish Health District:
- Septic and Wastewater Website
- Phone: (425) 339-5250