Change Business Type

Log in to the eFile system, then:

  1. Click on the ‘My Account’ menu option.
  2. Click on the ‘View My Personal Property Filing Accounts’ link.
  3. From your list of personal property accounts, select the account you would like to change and click the [Open the selected Account for filing] button.
  4. Click on the ‘Business Type’ tab (if not selected).
  5. Click in the checkbox marked ‘I want to change Business Type selections’
  6. Click in the circle next to the appropriate business legal entity type.
  7. If the business legal entity type is 'Sole Proprietor' or 'Trust', answer the questions relating to the head of family deduction.
  8. Check the 'Farm and Machinery exemption' checkbox if it applies.
  9. Enter your 9-digit Unified Business Identifier number in the 'UBI' field.
  10. Click the [Save Changes] button.

Back to Help Contents