Project Description - completed
Snohomish County Public Works paved approximately two miles of 84th Street NE and performed construct improvements to the intersection with 115th Ave NE. The repaving stretches from 99th Ave NE to 131st Ave NE. The intersection improvements included widening 84th St NE to provide an eastbound and westbound left-turn pocket. The addition of turn pockets provides an additional lane for vehicles waiting to turn onto 115th Ave SE while allowing through traffic to continue. The road shoulders were also widened to eight feet at the intersection.
- Design and right-of-way for this project has been completed
- Construction began in July 2020
- Paving was completed in October 2020
- Funding for the Rural Roads Preservation Program, which also includes a 1.8 mile stretch of Marine Drive, was provided by the Washington State County Arterial Preservation Board, the Federal Surface Transportation Program and the Snohomish County Road Fund.
- Funding for the intersection improvements at 115th Ave NE was provided by the Washington State County Road Administration Board and the Snohomish County Road Fund.
- Single lane closures were utilized
An environmental review of the intersection improvements has been completed in compliance with the State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA). SEPA requires that all state and local agencies identify and evaluate the environmental impacts of their land use decision. An Environmental Checklist has been prepared and a Determination of Non-Significance (DNS) has been issued for this project. This project does not have a probable significant adverse impact on the environment. These documents are available by viewing the links below.