84th St NE at 115th Ave NE Intersection Improvements
Update - September 2020
Paving along 84th St NE, from 99th Ave NE to 131st Ave NE, is scheduled to take place between September 17 - October 2. Please expect a delay when traveling through the construction area between the hours of 7 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Snohomish County Public Works is proposing to pave approximately two miles of 84th Street NE and construct improvements to the intersection with 115th Ave NE. The repaving will stretch from 99th Ave NE to 131st Ave NE. The intersection improvements will include widening 84th St NE to provide an eastbound and westbound left-turn pocket. The addition of turn pockets will provide an additional lane for vehicles waiting to turn onto 115th Ave SE while allowing through traffic to continue. The road shoulders will also be widened to eight feet at the intersection.
- Design and right-of-way for this project has been completed
- Construction is scheduled to start on July 13, 2020
- Paving will take place between September 17 - October 2
- Funding for the Rural Roads Preservation Program, which also includes a 1.8 mile stretch of Marine Drive, will come from the Washington State County Arterial Preservation Board, the Federal Surface Transportation Program and the Snohomish County Road Fund.
- Funding for the intersection improvements at 115th Ave NE will come from the Washington State County Road Administration Board and the Snohomish County Road Fund.
- Single lane closures will be utilized
- Please expect up to a 15 minute delay when traveling through the construction area between the hours of 7 a.m. and 5 p.m.
An environmental review of the intersection improvements has been completed in compliance with the State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA). SEPA requires that all state and local agencies identify and evaluate the environmental impacts of their land use decision. An Environmental Checklist has been prepared and a Determination of Non-Significance (DNS) has been issued for this project. This project does not have a probable significant adverse impact on the environment. These documents are available by viewing the links below.