Early Learning Requests for Proposals
Snohomish County Human Services Department is currently accepting proposals from individuals to serve as a consultant to our North Snohomish County Early Head Start (NSC EHS) program.
This funding is intended to support the program in the strengthening of ongoing quality improvement systems and practices. The successful candidate will be a knowledgeable and highly skilled consultant with expertise in Head Start Performance Standards, Early Head Start home-based programs, data systems, continuous quality improvement and strategic planning, and will have a foundational understanding of equity, trauma-informed practices, and government Head Start contractors. The consultant, in partnership with program staff, will develop and implement management systems consistent with Head Start Performance Standards to address data-informed coaching and monitoring, support ongoing systems-wide monitoring processes, and enhance continuous quality improvement activities and systems.
Snohomish County Human Services is seeking one individual or agency to provide consultation beginning January 2024. The contract term will be effective upon the date of professional services agreement execution and ending December 31, 2024.
Proposal Submission Overview
Interested individuals are invited to submit proposals by 3:00 PM on Tuesday, January 16, 2024. Electronic submittals must be sent to EHS@snoco.org Individuals who would like to submit a hard copy proposal may contact Sheila Blunt at 425-388-7017 to schedule an appointment to hand deliver the proposal by the due date and time. Proposals may also be shipped via commercial carrier and must arrive prior to the due date and time. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Proposals must be in the form of a letter and must address the requirements listed below in the order presented and be a maximum of five (5) pages in length (standard font and margins, bulleted/numbered answers strongly recommended). The proposed contract budget shall not exceed $100,000, inclusive of all costs associated with providing the proposed services. Proposals must also include a resume or curriculum vitae.
Each proposal submitted must thoroughly address the following questions in the order presented:
- Please describe you experience working in and with Head Start programs.
- Please describe your leadership experience in Head Start and other early learning programs.
- Please provide examples of your expertise and experience working in home visiting programs, including Early Head Start.
- Please describe how your expertise in developing and implementing policies and procedures in alignment with Head Start Performance Standards resulted in positive changes and quality services provided to children and families.
- Please provide examples of your expertise developing and implementing long-term strategic plans with short-term and long-term goals and objectives.
- Please share your experience with and expertise in utilizing data systems. Please identify the systems used and the monitoring and quality improvement systems you employed.
- Please describe your experience providing consultation, technical assistance, and guidance or other related activities to support an early learning program.
- Please describe your approach/style to providing consultation to early learning teams.
- Please describe your experience working with government organizations implementing early learning programs. Be specific regarding experience with city, county, state and federal government organizations.
- Please describe the amount of funding being requested for services proposed, the hours proposed for the project, and the proposed schedule.
Questions must be submitted in writing to EHS@snoco.org by January 3, 2024, no later than 3:00 PM. Oral questions will not be accepted. Questions will be answered and posted on the Early Learning website at https://www.snohomishcountywa.gov/2632.
Proposals must be submitted by the due date of 3:00 PM on Tuesday, January 16, 2024.