ECEAP Requests for Proposals
Snohomish County Human Services Department Early Childhood Education and Assistance Program (ECEAP) is currently accepting proposals from agencies to provide comprehensive math curriculum and materials for 50 ECEAP classrooms and 1,550 preschool children and their families.
This funding is intended to provide children, through partnerships with their families and preschool staff, a strong foundation in math which research demonstrates is critical for success in school and life. Requested services will be grounded in cultural understanding and will include professional development opportunities for staff, family engagement events and activities, and math materials appropriate for use in preschool classrooms and by families at home with their children.
Snohomish County Human Services ECEAP is seeking one agency to implement services beginning October 2023. The contract term will be effective upon the date of contract execution and ending June 30, 2024, with an option for extension.
Proposal Submission Overview:
Interested agencies are invited to submit proposals by 3:00 PM on Monday August 14, 2023. Electronic submittals must be sent to ECEAP@snoco.org. Agencies that would like to submit a hard copy proposal may contact Sheila Blunt at 425-388-7017 to schedule an appointment to hand deliver the proposal by the due date and time. Proposals may also be shipped via commercial carrier and must arrive prior to the due date and time. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Proposals may be in the form of a letter and must address the requirements listed below in the order presented and be a maximum of four (4) pages in length (standard font and margins, bulleted/numbered answers strongly recommended). The proposed contract budget shall not exceed $80,000, inclusive of all costs associated with providing the proposed goods and services.
Snohomish County reserves the right to award one contract to provide the comprehensive services outlined below.
Each proposal submitted must address the following questions in the order presented:
1. How would this contract align with your organization’s mission, vision, values, and current services?
2. Please describe how your organization supports families with young children.
3. Please provide examples of in person, play-based family educational opportunities your organization has provided that address the mathematics-specific developmental needs of children aged 3-5 years.
4. Please describe how your organization supports families to develop and assume leadership in promoting their children’s math skill development.
5. How does your organization reach families that come from ethnically and linguistically diverse communities? Describe how these efforts will promote equitable opportunities and social justice.
6. Please provide examples of in person and virtual professional development opportunities your organization has provided for preschool staff specific to math and family engagement, math and equity, and literacy and math connection. Please describe any other workshops/events provided.
7. Please provide examples of the types of play-based materials your organization has provided to classrooms and families to support children’s math skill development in a variety of domains (number knowledge, patterns, geometry, measurement, sorting/classifying and data analysis).
8. Please describe the services you are proposing for this project.
9. Please describe team expertise, key staff, and resources you will utilize to meet the requirements of this contract.
10. Please describe the amount of funding being requested for services proposed. Please describe any technical assistance or support you anticipate you may need from Snohomish County to provide the proposed services.
Questions must be submitted in writing to ECEAP@snoco.org by Monday, July 31, 2023, no later than 3:00 PM. Oral questions will not be accepted. Questions will be answered and posted on the Early Learning website at https://www.snohomishcountywa.gov/2632.
Proposals must be submitted by 3:00 PM on Monday, August 14, 2023.