- Sheriff's Office
Snohomish County Sheriff's Office
Our Concealed Pistol License (CPL) vendor, Permitium, has recently been informed of a nationwide scam that has been targeting citizens with CPLs. Those targeted by this scam have received text messages alerting them that their permit needs to be renewed or changed and offers a link to provide the user's information. This link is malicious and has NOT been generated by Permitium or our agency PermitDirector Software. NO TEXT MESSAGES SENT FROM PERMITIUM WILL EVER CONTAIN LINKS. Permitium has confirmed that the text messages are being sent randomly from phone numbers to people across the entire nation.
If community members believe that they have been targeted or if they have already experienced malicious intent due to a text message, they should report the scam to https://www.usa.gov/stop-scams-frauds
Registered Sex Offenders (RSO) should check for additional information here.
We are OPEN starting July 6, 2021:
Administrative services for the public are open at the following locations, while following COVID-19 safety protocols.
- Courthouse 4th Floor Reception (Everett) is open Monday - Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., closed daily for lunch from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. The Sheriff's Office Records, Civil and Public Disclosure Units are located on the fourth floor of the Snohomish County Courthouse. Generic walk-in customer services. Non-mandated fingerprinting services. AFL applications, clearance letters, in-person CPL applicants, Firearms Dealer Licenses, Business License Applicant Fingerprint, non-mandated fingerprint customers, Special Harvest Permits (Cedar, Mushroom, Huckleberry, Christmas Tree), Change of address (SOR), civil processing customers.
Alien Firearms License applicants. Applicants must bring the following items:
- Valid Passport
- Current VISA
- A print out of current I-94 which can be obtained from the US Department of Homeland Security’s website at https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov
- Valid Hunting License or Sport-shooting Club Membership
- Refer to the DOL website for more information at https://www.dol.wa.gov/business/firearms/faalien.html
- Firearms Dealer License applicants and Firearms Dealer employees
- South Precinct (Mill Creek) is open Tuesday - Friday from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m., closed daily for lunch from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. CPL processing for applicants with existing appointments only.
- North Precinct (Marysville) is open Monday - Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., closed daily for lunch from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. Generic walk-in customer services. Current CPL processing, fingerprinting for employment, notary services, clearance letters
- East Precinct (Sultan Police Department) is open Monday - Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., closed daily for lunch from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. Generic walk-in customer services. Fingerprinting for CPL applicants who have already scheduled their appointments online.
- Snohomish Police Department is open Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Generic walk-in customer services. Walk-in crime reporting (if Deputy is in the PD). Fingerprinting services are only available on Wednesdays, by appointment only for original CPLs (city residents only), employment or other purposes (city residents only), city of Snohomish solicitor permits and Snohomish School District. All appointments must be scheduled over the phone.
- Stanwood Police Department is open Tuesday - Thursday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., closed daily for lunch from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. Please visit to the Stanwood Police Department website for services and additional information.
- Granite Falls Police Department is open to the public Monday-Thursday 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Fridays 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Please visit to the Granite Falls Police Department website for services and additional information.
- Snohomish County Jail reception area is open to the public.
As always, we encourage our community members to utilize our online services:
- Applying for or Renewing a Concealed Pistol license: https://snohomishwa.permitium.com/ccw/start
- Online Crime Reporting: snohomishcountywa.gov/301/File-an-Online-Crime-Report
The Governor has issued a proclamation temporarily suspending certain statutory requirements in the Public Records Act (PRA) RCW 42.56.including in-person PRA business as follows:
- In-person submission of PRA requests
- In-person inspection and copying of public records
Therefore, the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office will not conduct any in-person business with the public relating to the Public Records Act (PRA). Residents are encouraged to use alternative communication methods for PRA business such as one of the methods below:
- Online portal: snohomishcountywa.gov/3019/Request-Records
- Collision Records Requests: policereports.lexisnexis.com/
- Email: Unit.SCSOpublicdisclosure@snoco.org
- U.S. Mail: Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office, M/S 606, 3000 Rockefeller Ave., Everett, WA 98201
- Phone: 425-388-3769
- Fax: 425-388-3939
The Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office will prioritize public trust and community safety by reducing crime through professional policing and correctional services, founded on accountability and compassion.
Do the right thing, at the right time, for the right reason.
Integrity, Dignity, Commitment, Pride
Lead The Way
Message from the Sheriff
Welcome to your Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office website. The men and women of this agency are committed to serving our community with dignity, integrity and pride. I am proud to lead our uniformed deputies and dedicated civilian personnel as they work every day to provide professional and dedicated service to Snohomish County. Our agency motto, Lead the Way, is reflected in everything we do to serve and protect our communities.