Engineering Services provides the following services to the public, other county departments, and a variety of governmental agencies: Bridge condition inspection, construction management / inspection, consultant selection, design and project development of roads and bridges, geotechnical engineering, materials testing, right-of-way acquisition and survey control. Engineering Services also handles citizen inquiries about ongoing county capital road and bridge projects and survey control.
The division includes the following groups, several of which play a role in development of a county road project:
- Bridge: Tim Tipton, P.E., S.E., Supervisor and County Bridge Engineer
- Construction: Brian Larmore, P.E., Construction Manager
- Design: Charlie Green, P.E., Design Manager
- Geotech: Dale Topham, P.E., Supervisor and Geotechnical Engineer
- Right-of-Way Acquisition: Michele Pescador, Right-of-Way Supervisor
- Survey: Jeff Hoiland, PLS, Survey Manager
Helpful Forms/Links & Current Software
- Snohomish County is currently using Autodesk Civil 3D 2023
- Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD) Standards are listed below. To view and download zipped folders, right-click the link and save the folder to your machine.
Sign up to receive an email notification when CADD Standards are updated.
- Construction Forms
- Right-of-Way Pamphlet for Acquisition Process: Before We Build (English version) (Spanish version)
- Roads Central
- Traffic Mitigation and Concurrency Ordinance