Equipment Rental & Revolving Fund
The Facilities Management Fleet Services Division is also known as the Equipment Rental and Revolving Fund (ER&R). It is responsible for purchasing, maintaining, and disposing of County vehicles, equipment, and radios, and for maintaining parts, materials and fuel inventories.
Business services provided by Fleet include:
- Purchasing, managing, and disposing of County vehicles and equipment.
- Providing maintenance and repair services for vehicles and equipment.
- Maintaining parts inventories for maintenance and repair of automotive vehicles and heavy equipment.
- Providing assigned vehicles and motor pool services to County departments.
- Managing fuel services for vehicles and equipment.
- Providing radio equipment maintenance and repair services.
- Providing communication services for County departments, other local governments, and outside agencies
Servicing Other Cities & Agencies
Fleet Management provides equipment maintenance and repair services to other local cities and agencies such as:
- The Department of Emergency Management
- Lake Stevens
- Mill Creek
- The Snohomish County Emergency Radio System
- The Stillaguamish Indian Tribe
Fleet also provides radio communication and police radar calibration services to County departments and outside agencies.
Electric Vehicle Infrastructure
Snohomish County is plugging in cleaner, greener vehicles with the purchase of five all-electric Nissan Leafs and the installation of 17 electric vehicle (EV) charging stations. Check out the Plug-In Ready (PDF) brochure to learn more about how to drive electric vehicles, locate electric vehicle charging stations, and more.
Awards & Recognition
- 2010 - Ranked number 23 of the 100 Best Government Green Fleets
- 2010 - Ranked number 30 of the 100 Best Government Fleets
- 2010 and 2009 - Environmental Leadership Award
- 2010 - Four-star rating in the Evergreen Fleets Program
- 2009 - NAFA Green Fleet Award (PDF) in the Truck and Equipment Fleet Category
- 2009 - Fleet Management is a subrecipient of the Clean Cities Grant
- 2008 - Ranked in the 100 Best Government Fleets
- 2008 - Ranked number 3 of the 100 Best Government Green Fleets
- 2007 - Sustainable Commitment Award from Puget Sound Clean Cities Coalition
- 2007 - Ranked in the 100 Best Government Fleets