Board Position Vacancies
NEW: Snohomish County is currently seeking qualified applicants to fill one position on the county's Noxious Weed Control Board. Applicants in district 1 are encouraged to apply. Elected member will serve a four-year term. The position will remain open continuously.
How to Apply
- Complete the application form (PDF) (pdf)
- Send completed application by email to Gregg Farris, Donald "Kit" Crump, and Geraldine Saw
- Or send by mail to:
Snohomish County Noxious Weed Board
3000 Rockefeller Ave, M/S 303 | Everett, WA 98201
For more information, contact the Noxious Weed Control Board at 425-388-7548
What Weed District Am I In?
- View the Weed Control District Map.
Board Responsibilities and Job Description
Washington State RCW 17.10 provides for each county to form a noxious weed board that will limit economic loss and adverse effects to the state's agricultural, natural and human resources due to the presence and spread of noxious weeds.
- Snohomish County Noxious Weed Control Board members establish and propose a budget adequate to meet the tenets of RCW 17.10
- Members set the weed list for the county
- Members in good standing abide by the laws of the state of Washington.
- Members represent the district and people of the district from which they are appointed. As a whole, the Noxious Weed Control Board represents the county and the people of the county as a whole, as provided in RCW 17.10 and county policy.
- The Board administers the noxious weed control program, establishes policies and procedures, and adopts rules and regulations, including annual weed control plans and a weed list. Members may serve on committees of the board or participate in work sessions and briefings with the county legislative authority or its delegates.
- The Board conducts enforcement hearings, applies liens on properties, and conducts public hearings as necessary during the year. Boards funded through assessment hold a public hearing prior to adoption of land classifications for assessment purposes, then propose according to established county policies a budget for operation of the noxious weed control program.
- In a timely manner, prior to expiration of terms, the board advertises for and accepts applications for appointment to the Board. Following examination of such applications, the board recommends to the county legislative authority the appointment of the most qualified applicant for each position.