2013 Community Partner Award
- Awarded by: Alzheimer’s Association of Western and Central Washington
- Description: John Peterson’s work in partnership with the Alzheimer’s Association has provided funding in support of programs and services that meet the needs of individuals and families affected by Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias in Snohomish County. His work has helped to broaden and deepen the reach of the association’s education and training programs, care consultation services, and family caregiver support groups.
- Recipient: John Peterson
2011 Chemical Dependency Exemplary Service Award
- Awarded by: DSHS - Division of Behavioral Health and Recovery
- Description: Deborah has been a strong treatment and consumer advocate, demonstrates sound leadership, and has been instrumental in encouraging effective treatment service delivery with her contractors in Snohomish County for many years.
- Recipient: Deborah Brown
2011 Excellence in Community Service
- Awarded by: Swedish Hospital, Edmonds
- Description: A Snohomish County Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) Program Team Nurse Peer has been instrumental in bringing a Peer Support Program to Swedish Hospital, Edmonds. She has educated hospital administration about the need for CISM and what the program has to offer. She is vigilant in facilitating peer support, and has responded to a major incident that occurred in the emergency department by organizing and facilitating appropriate CISM interventions.
- Recipient: Christy Theusen, RN, BSN
2011 National 4-H Program of Distinction
- Awarded by: National 4-H Headquarters
- Description: The 4-H Fish and Forest Stewards Program worked with Tulalip Tribal youth as well as rural communities affected by poverty and job losses. Curriculum included watersheds, water quality, native plants, salmon habitat/stewardship, forests and wildlife, climate change and local history through classroom and field trips.
- Recipient: Gabrielle Roesch
2010 Visionary Leadership Award
- Awarded by: Committee for Children
- Description: The Early Childhood Education and Assistance Program believes that quality early learning requires lessons in social and emotional competence, implements and tracks the impact of the Talking About Touching and Second Step programs and has taken the vital step of presenting their positive results in a simple, well-designed report for the Snohomish County area.
- Recipient: Ken Stark and Joe Varano
2008 Achievement in Service Award
- Awarded by: National Association of Extension 4-H Agents
- Description: In recognition of serving more than three years and for professional accomplishments in the field of 4-H youth development.
- Recipient: Phoebe Bachleda, 4-H Program Assistant
2007-09 Formal Recognition
- Awarded by: DSHS Adult and Disability Services Administration (ADSA)
- Description: For participation in a Policy Advisory Group for training on policies and implementation of caregiver assessment and referral.
- Recipient: John Peterson
2010 Distinguished Veteran Leadership Award
- Awarded by: NAACP Snohomish County Branch Armed Services and Veterans Affairs Committee
- Description: For continued leadership and commitment to veterans, their families and the community.
- Recipient: Timothy Sewell
2009 Oxford House Dedication
- Awarded by: Oxford Housing, Inc.
- Description: The Mt. Vernon house is dedicated to Ken Stark, Director, Human Services Department, for achieving his vision of 200+ Oxford Houses in Washington. This is actually the 208th house.
- Recipient: Ken Stark, Director, Human Services
2009 Distinguished Service Learning
- Awarded by: Center for Civic Engagement
- Description: In recognition of their commitment to learning through campus-community engagement
- Recipients: Janet Jayne, WSU Extension Supervisor and Curt Moulton, Extension Director
2008 Partners in Prevention
- Awarded by: Domestic Violence Services of Snohomish County
- Description: Partners in Prevention for helping to create a Snohomish County Vulnerable Adult Abuse Task Force
- Recipient: Jerry Fireman
2007-08 Outstanding Advisory Committee
- Awarded by: Edmonds Community College
- Recipient: Joe Varano, Cindy Scott
2007 / 2008 Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) Innovation Award
- Awarded by: Washington State Department of Community, Trade and Economic Development (now known as the Department of Commerce)
- Description: Collaborative project involving Darrington Family Support, Puget Sound Energy, Human Services Department (Bill Beuscher, Supervisor, Energy Assistance and Weatherization Program; Renee Peare, Program Coordinator, Community Services Program) with the goal of improving air quality, replacing inefficient wood stoves and referring community members to necessary and eligible support services (such as food stamps, rate discount programs, etc.)
2006 Outstanding Employee Award
- Awarded by: Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs
- Recipient: Tim Sewell, Veterans Services Officer, Veterans Assistance Program
2006 Partnership Award
- Awarded by: Snohomish Conservation District
- Description: For being an outstanding partner to the staff and supervisors, and cooperator of SCD.
- Recipient: WSU - Snohomish County Extension Program
2005 Collaborative Project Certificate
- Awarded by: Snohomish County Department of Corrections (now know as the Corrections Bureau of the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office)
- Description: Ongoing commitment to providing human services to jail offenders.
- Project manager: Cammy Hart-Anderson, Supervisor, Alcohol & Other Drugs Program
2005 Ruth Kees Environmental Award
- Awarded by: The City of Issaquah
- Description: Recognizing her efforts and demonstrating outstanding commitment to protecting and preserving natural resources for a sustainable community.
- Recipient: Chrys Bertolotto, Beach Watchers Program Coordinator
2004 / 2005 Partnership Forum Collaboration Award
- Awarded by: The Human Services Council of Snohomish County
- Description: In recognition of the number of agencies in Snohomish County and Tulalip Tribes that the Extension staff collaborated with during the 2004 / 2005 program year
- Recipients: Colleen Fullmer, Food $ense Program Coordinator, and Tim Bernthal, former Food $ense Program Assistant
2003 Excellence in Health Care
- Awarded by: The Warren Featherstone Reid Foundation
- Description: Recognized for the Liaison Program that implemented on-site Chemical Dependency Specialists at the Children’s Administration Offices in Snohomish County.
- Recipient: Alcohol and Other Drugs Program