Office of Energy & Sustainability
Snohomish County's Office of Energy & Sustainability (OES) works to conserve natural resources, reduce our climate impact, and facilitate environmental stewardship. OES partners with departments across County government and in the community to develop innovative programs and policies to actively address environmental challenges.
Executive Order 13-48A (PDF) demonstrates the County's commitment to achieving a 20% reduction greenhouse gas emissions from County operations by the year 2020, as compared to the year 2000 baseline emissions.
Choose the Planet!
Join the EnviroStars Challenge!
Businesses that register and receive EnviroStars recognition by March 31, 2019 will be included in the promotional marketing package!
- Your business will be invited to the County's Earth Day Event on Tuesday 4/23 for a special recognition ceremony.
- Your business will be recognized through social media posts by Snohomish County, Snohomish PUD, and the City of Edmonds during the month of April (12 social media posts in total).
- Your business will be recognized on KSER radio station eight times over the month of April.
Visit this link to learn about the benefits of participating, program overview, and FAQs.
Questions? Contact Lisa Dulude using the Contact Us information on the right hand side-bar.
- If you haven't seen these yet, check-out the latest impressive results from our Savvy Septic Program and Energy Smart Loan Program - programs for people and our planet!
- Snohomish County joined the Puget Sound Climate Preparedness Collaborative! Learn more by visiting this link.
- Check out the new EnviroStars Green Business Program! This new regional program is a great way for your business to "Go Green" and be more efficient, healthy, and attract new customers. Learn more about how your business can be recognized by visiting the new EnviroStars website.
- Snohomish County has a new Puget Sound Initiative! Visit the Puget Sound Initiative Website to learn more.