Obtaining PDS Records

Planning and development services (PDS) is committed to making its public records easily accessible to the public.  There are no fees associated with inspecting records.  If you would like copies, Snohomish County has adopted a fee schedule.

In many cases, our Records Room offers same day access to records on paper and microfiche relating to land use and permit histories, as well as flood hazard, forest practice, and code enforcement. Please call ahead (425-388-3622) to confirm if the records you would like to review are available for research.  NOTE:  The PDS Records Room is currently closed to walk-ins due to the temporary closure of county office buildings.  However, PDS staff are fulfilling records and information requests electronically, and strive to review and respond to inquiries within 5 business days. We are experiencing a higher than normal volume of requests and are working as quickly as possible to get you what you need.  Please do not submit duplicate requests via phone, email and one of the online forms below.  We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Research/Information Requests

For simple research requests or to review files on paper and microfiche, please complete our Information Request Form. Your request will be sent to the PDS Records Room.

Public Records Requests

To learn more about completing a Public Records Request at Snohomish County, please visit the county's Public Disclosure Process page.

To submit a formal Public Records Request under RCW 42.56, please visit the Snohomish County Public Request Portal.