Planning & Development Services is operating under Phase 2 of the Safe Start Washington Phased Reopening plan and the Governor's updated COVID-19 Phase 2 Construction Guidance issued on June 2, 2020. This means that under the Governor’s guidance that, “All construction, including new work, is now allowed. All construction, including those activities for which social distancing may not be maintained and the start of new construction projects, is authorized to resume. Also required is adherence to the health and safety points included in the guidance.”
Planning and Development Services handles inspections of permits for unincorporated Snohomish County issued for the following activities:
- Commercial structures
- Residential / single-family housing
- Plumbing systems
- Grading and infrastructure, land development construction, road improvements, utility construction in the public road right-of-way, etc.
Helpful Inspection Information
- Inspection Process: Once your building permit is issued, use the inspection record you received at permit issuance to be your guide to inspection scheduling. Remember to keep the permit, inspection record, and all required documentation on-site and available for all inspections, including approved plans.
- Schedule an Inspection Online at MyBuildingPermit.com (MBP)
Please Note: Building Permits associated with a Land Disturbing Activity (LDA) Permit cannot receive final approval until the LDA Permit has been finaled. Please schedule final inspection on the LDA Permit BEFORE the building permit.
- Contact your Inspector
- Inspection Status is available online at MBP under Today's Inspections.
- Inspection Status Results Defined
- If you need additional assistance, please call 425-388-3311 to talk to a staff member.
- Assistance Bulletins
- Construction Tip Sheets
- Inspection Checklists
- Labor and Industries (electrical)
- Apply Online at Mybuildingpermit.com (permits / inspections)
- Snohomish Health District (wells, septic)