Permits, Applications, and Forms

Snohomish County Planning and Development Services is responsible for reviewing and issuing a wide variety of permits and land use applications, including: residential and commercial building permits, boundary line adjustments, subdivisions, driveway aprons to the right-of-way, clearing and grading, public events, firework stands, and others. Permit applications may be submitted online at

Address Application

Accessory Dwelling Units

Agricultural/Farm-Related Business

Boundary Line Adjustments (BLA)

Visit the Boundary Line Adjustments webpage for more information on the process of adjusting boundary lines.

Burn Permits

Find information regarding burn permits on the Fire Marshal / Code Enforcement Division webpage.

Commercial Building Permits

Examples of Commercial Building Permits include:
  • Antennas
  • Apartment Buildings
  • Condominiums
  • Fire Alarm Systems
  • New Commercial Buildings or Additions
  • Personal Wireless Telecom Facilities
  • Retaining Walls
  • Signs and Billboards
  • Tenant Improvements

Critical Areas

Disclosure Notices/Forms

Driveway Permits

Find information regarding driveway permits on the Right-of-Way Use webpage.

Engineering Review

Research the county's grading, drainage, and clearing requirements.


Flood Hazard

Forest Practices

Items needed for a Forest Practices application include:

Innocent Purchaser

Land Use Permits or Approvals

Examples of land use permits include:
  • Binding Site Plans
  • Conditional Use Permits
  • Official Site Plans
  • Rezones
  • Shoreline
  • SFDU
  • Subdivisions
  • Variances

Lot Status

Low Impact Development (LID) Projects

Mobile Food Trucks

If operating in unincorporated Snohomish County, a permit is required. A permit can be obtained by applying on as a special event permit. Please view the following checklist for requirements:

Permit Vacation


Public Notice Payment

Residential Building Permit Application

Examples of Residential Permits include:

  • Decks
  • Docks
  • Example Plans
  • Fences
  • Garages
  • Mobile-Manufactured Homes
  • Retaining Walls
  • Single Family, Duplex, and Accessory Buildings
  • Private Storage Structures
  • Swimming Pools

Transfer of Development Rights (TDR)

Temporary Dwelling for a Relative