Permits, Applications, and Forms
Snohomish County Planning and Development Services is responsible for reviewing and issuing a wide variety of permits and land use applications, including: residential and commercial building permits, boundary line adjustments, subdivisions, driveway aprons to the right-of-way, clearing and grading, public events, firework stands, and others. Permit applications may be submitted in our office on a first-come first-serve basis or online at MyBuildingPermit.com.
Boundary Line Adjustments (BLA)
Visit the Boundary Line Adjustments webpage for more information on the process of adjusting boundary lines.
Find information regarding burn permits on the Fire Marshal / Code Enforcement Division webpage.
Commercial Building Permits
Examples of Commercial Building Permits include:
Find information regarding driveway permits on the Right-of-Way Use webpage.
Research the county's grading, drainage, and clearing requirements.
Items needed for a Forest Practices application include:
- Forest Practice Activity Application (Includes LDA Application)
- SEPA Environmental Checklist
- Residential Site Plan Submittal Checklist
- Grading, Clearing, and Drainage
- Drainage Plan is located on the engineering webpage.
- Geo-Technical Report, if required
- Critical Area Study, Bulletin #15, if required
- Critical Area Site Plan
Land Use Permits or Approvals
Examples of land use permits include:
Low Impact Development (LID) Projects
Residential Building Permit Application
Examples of Residential Permits include:
View the permits and information related to right-of-way use.
Road Access Application
Road Utility ConstructionView the permits and information related to road utility construction.
Find the forms and codes related to special events
Subdivisions (Plats and Short Plats)
- Covenant and Easement Forms
- Final Plat Forms
- Model Home Application
- Preliminary Subdivision Submittal Checklist
- Preliminary Short Subdivision Submittal Checklist
- PRD Submittal Checklist
- Rural Cluster Subdivision Assistance, Bulletin #44
- Rural Cluster Subdivision (RCS) Supplemental Checklist
- Landscape Plan Submittal Checklist
- Tree Canopy Ordinance Highlights
- Tree Canopy Calculation Sheet
- Tree Canopy Lists
- Supplemental Checklist - Urban Residential Design Standards (30.23A)
- Short Subdivisions or Short Plats, Bulletin #8
- Affidavit of Short Subdivision Exemption