Common Water Quality Problems

Hazardous Waste Spills

To report a hazardous waste spill, call the Washington Department of Ecology 24-hour Emergency Response Center at 425-649-7000. You can call this number for any problem that requires immediate attention.

Water Quality Complaint Program

To report a non-hazardous water pollution problem, call the Snohomish County Water Quality Assistance Line at 425-388-6481.

Drainage & New Development

If you suspect that muddy water is caused by upstream construction activities, call Snohomish County Planning and Development Services Department 425-388-3411.

Other Issues

Algae Bacteria BloomAlgae and Bacteria Blooms

Animal Carcasses
Business Hazardous WastesBusiness Hazardous Waste
Chemical SpillsChemical Spills
Yard Waste In StreamsDumping Yard Waste in Streams
Erosion and TurbidityErosion and Turbidity
Failed Septic SystemFailed Septic Systems
Farm Animal ManureFarm Animal Manure

Household Hazardous WastesHousehold Hazardous Waste
Iron Sulfur BacteriaIron and Sulphur Bacteria
Petroleum and OilPetroleum and Oil
Solid WasteSolid Waste
Spills During FloodingSpills During Flooding
Swimming Pools and Hot TubsSwimming Pools and Hot Tubs
Water Line LeaksWater Line Leaks