Eligible County employees participate in the below retirement plans, administered by Washington State Department of Retirement Systems (DRS).
- Public Employees’ Retirement System (PERS): Plan 2 or Plan 3
- Law Enforcement Officers’ and Fire Fighters’ Retirement System (LEOFF): Plan 2
- Public Safety Employees’ Retirement System (PSERS): Plan 2
New DRS Member Checklist
- Complete the Retirement Status Form
- Create an online account to update your beneficiaries and more.
- Review the contribution amounts that you and the County make to the plan.
New PERS Members
As a new member of the retirement system for public employees (PERS), you have a choice to make that will set the course for your future retirement benefits. You have 90 calendar days from your date of hire to choose between PERS2 and PERS3. Your plan choice is permanent. If you are hired on or after June 30th, 2020 and you don’t choose a plan within 90 days, you will automatically be placed in PERS2, and you cannot later decide to become a member of PERS3. Use the following resources to help you make your decision:
Plan Choice Webpage | PERS2 Plan Guide | PERS3 Plan Guide | Member Information Form (PERS) | Elected Officials Information
New or Returning LEOFF Members
LEOFF Plan 2 Guide | LEOFF Enrollment Form | LEOFF 2 Re-Employment Form (Retirees)
New or Returning PSERS Members
There are no forms required for PSERS.