SR 530 slide resources

Sign up for emergency alerts from Snohomish County. Enter your email or cell phone number to receive emergency messages about weather, river flooding, earthquakes and more. 

What resources are you looking for?

Transportation and road information

  • Snohomish County Transportation Coalition - The Pay Your Pal program restrictions have been removed to allow this program to be used by anyone in the Oso/Darrington community that have no other means of transportation. This website provides information about the program. Contact for this program is Sandy Schurman SNOTRAC Program Coordinator 425-265-2226/ FAX 425-353-1212. Senior Services of Snohomish County 11323 Commando Rd, Suite 214 Everett, Wa 98204
  • WSDOT - Information from the Washington State Department of Transportation about meetings and plans to rebuild SR 530. 
Community and business assistance
  • Replace lost documents - Recover or replace lost documents like birth certificates, Social Security cards, drivers licenses, tax records, etc. 
  • Well testing fact sheet and information: The Snohomish Health Department provides advice and assistance to homeowners who think their wells may be contaminated after a flood. Residents of the Oso area concerned about their well water are encouraged to contact the Snohomish Health District at 425-339-5250.
  • Snohomish County care crisis line - 1-800-584-3578. Operated by the Volunteers of America, this line is for any and all mental health crises, including those related to the 530 slide.
  • Disaster distress helpline - Call 1-800-985-5990 24/7 or text "TalkWithUs" to 66746 if you need someone to talk to about your symptoms of stress.
  • United Way of Snohomish County - The local United Way is donating 100 percent of contributions to current and long-term recovery efforts. 
  • Snohomish County Red Cross - If you need local assistance or want to find out if you're eligible for Red Cross services
  • Department of Revenue - Find out what tax assistance is available if you or your business were affected by the slide.
  • U.S. Small Business Administration - Low-interest disaster loans available to help homeowners, renters, businesses of all sizes and private nonprofit organizations
  • FEMA - Information from FEMA about disaster aid programs available to individuals and businesses affected by the 530 slide

Agriculture assistance

  • USDA Farm Service Agency - Disaster Recovery Assistance: USDA’s Farm Service Agency may be able to provide financial assistance to farmers and ranchers who suffered losses or damage as a result of the mudslide and related flooding.
    • Local agriculture assistance: Linda Neunzig, Snohomish County Agriculture Coordinator - 425-388-7170 or 425-754-1466

River and environmental information

Property, insurance or tax information

Slide information and additional resources

Consumer Alert